More smoothing

nemmie

More smoothing

Post by nemmie »

I would like an option of more smoothing - even at the price of a laggy viewing system. Obviously not for use in IL2-fb, or driving sims, but for FS2002, maybe LOMAC, I think a smoother viewing system would make things feel more relaxed.

for reference - if you've played Janes F/A-18 (in mousemode) it has quite a good smoothing algorithm. It makes the view very laggy of course, but I like that lack of 'twitchiness'. It makes reading controls, MFD's etc, so much easier.

I don't mean to upset anyone's current settings, so maybe an option to move smoothing up to 200+ could be added.

This is different from a deadzone (which only works in center), and slowing down the sliders, which means you have to move your head even further to get a full range of motion. Sometimes I want to fly without feeling like I've got caffeine jitters
Jim

Re: More smoothing

Post by Jim »

Hello:

We are going to be working on the Smoothing algorithm shortly, so we will take your suggestions in to consideration. Look for the smoothing to get a big improvment shortly.