User TrackIR in Firefox?

McMick

User TrackIR in Firefox?

Post by McMick »

Could be used in other apps, but Firefox is easy to make extensions for. The deal is, I sit at a desk and sometimes I am sitting upright and about two and a half feet from the monitor, sometimes I sit leaning back and about 6 feet from the monitor. In Firefox, when I sit back, I use the text-zoom feature (ctrl+scroll wheel) so that I can comfortably read text. Wouldn't it be great if I could use my TrackIR to auto zoom/shrink the text, depending on how far away I am from the monitor? In addition, you could use head tilting to scroll the page up/down and side-to-side. I suppose there are a few other things that you could do. Ideally a Firefox addon would allow you to assign gestures.

The real question is, is anyone willing to try to program an addon for Firefox that works with the TrackIR software?
VincentG

Re: User TrackIR in Firefox?

Post by VincentG »

The TrackIR is designed to only be used within a gaming enviroment, and not on the system desktop.
McMick

Post by McMick »

Pardon me for asking, but is this to say that it can't be used on the desktop, or that your company isn't interested in programming apps for use on the desktop? Your device was originally built to control a mouse on the desktop, so your statement seems contradictory. I'm not trying to be inflammatory, but your answer was a little curt and left me scratching my head.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

The TrackIR product line was split into 2 differnt device about 6 years ago, the TrackIR product line was designed for use within gaming applications, to control the gamers view. The SmartNAV product line was developed as a mouse replacement device, for use on the system desktop.