TrackIR for pseudo 3d "fish tank" effects

Seth Steiling

Re: TrackIR for pseudo 3d "fish tank" effects

Post by Seth Steiling »

Any game that supports X, Y, and Z as view-control inputs (as opposed to mapping X to trigger the lean keystroke, for instance) will give you an effect similar to what the Johnny Lee video shows. Now, he increases the impact of the visual effect in his video with his subject matter (all of those targets coming straight at you, so you can move around them, dodge them, etc). But, what is fundamentally happening is the same.

If you want a game that works pretty well with the Nvidia 3D Vision system + a "virtual window" sort of feel (though, that's not really an accurate description if you want an in-game experience--what you really want is a game that, when moving along the translational axes with TrackIR, gives you a meaningful reflection of real world parallax), I would recommend trying a flight title like FSX. Plane cockpits can be pretty cool looking, because all of the instruments, pedals, stick, etc. that come out of the virutal cockpit can be "looked around" with TrackIR. It's really neat when combined with the Nvidia 3D Vision stuff.

Hope this helps. :)
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
RZephyr07

Post by RZephyr07 »

Very much! Thanks Seth, I am a fan of FSX :)

I'm saving up for a huge computer upgrade and TrackIR will definitely be a part of that upgrade.
eisennpferd

Post by eisennpferd »

Thanks from me too.

I�m using TrackIR with fs2004 since 1 year and its impressive.
I have only 1 monitor for the outside view at the moment and because of that the translation of the movement is adjusted very strong.
Next upgrade for me will be 3 TFTs and than I will check it out to adjust the movement to become a "virtual window". :o

/Hendrik/