Deadzone question

Aces High 2

Deadzone question

Post by Aces High 2 »

Hi,

I'm afraid that I have never gotten the hang of using deadzones with IL-2 Sturmovik. I find that my speed settings are fine for general lokking around until I wish to look down at the instruments when everything moves to fast. I have a key setup for Precision mode which resolves this.

My question is is it possible to setup a deadzone which has a programmable speed setting so that when looking in this direction the speed is slower than outside of this "zone" eg. looking around to the right or left ?.

Forgive me if this feature is allready included but it would be a nice alternative to envoking precision mode as I am doing at the moment.

Regards

Aces
Wayne

Re: Deadzone question

Post by Wayne »

Aces JG123,

Unfortunatly the dead zone will be where ever you set your center point. However by setting up a good profile you should be in a position to have the best of both worlds.

If you drop me your e-mail at work, I would be more than happy to send you the profile that I use.
Aces High 2

Post by Aces High 2 »

Thanks Wayne,

I'll send you an e-mail I'd be very interested to try your settings. Unfortunately, as you might remember I've been having severe problems getting my TIR 3 to work. The unit "died" the other evening followed a couple of days later by my PC hard disk failing. I have returned the unit to the suppliers for replacement and I'm slowly getting my PC back to some sort of useable state. I tried the TIR 3 Pro unit on another PC and can confirm that it is dead. Bad luck as I have allways found my TIR 1 to be 100% reliable but that's the luck of the draw.

I'm intrigued by the prospect of using two TIR units for 3D postioning, would I be adble to use my TIR 1 and TIR 3 pro together ? or would I need two identical model units ?.

Best Regards

Aces.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Aces JG123,

If you can e-mail me we can check on the status of your TrackIR3 unit.

You will not be able to use both the TrackIR1 and 3 at the same time unfortunatly.

As far as the profile is concerned, no problem.