Allow to assign hotkeys to Joystick buttons

tagada

Allow to assign hotkeys to Joystick buttons

Post by tagada »

It would be great to be able to assign TrackIr hotkeys (enable/disable, center) directly to joystick buttons.
Wayne

Re: Allow to assign hotkeys to Joystick buttons

Post by Wayne »

tagada,

You can do this already.
You will need to map the keys through the software that came with your joystick, I have done this with both the Sidewinder Stick and the Steering Wheel.
tagada

Post by tagada »

Thank you Wayne for your to the point reply to my poorly formulated request. I realise from your answer that what I wrote does not reflect (completely) what I meant...

By "directly" assigning the hotkeys to the controller it was meant: without relying on the profiler/manager which came with the controller.

Indeed, to assign the 5 odd TrackIr specific buttons using the controller specific software, I now would have to reprogram completely all the assignements in my software/sims (4 sims: DS2002, FS2004, IL-2, X-Plane) AND profiles (3 controllers: Wingman Extreme, CH Yoke, X-45). This results in 12 times the work as opposed to the possibility of doing it once for good within the TrackIr software.

I hope I could convince you!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

tagada,

Sorry that I kept you waiting I wanted to have a quick word about this.

Okay this is where we are...

This is something that we are looking at, but it is something that will not happen over night, and is a little down the road.
This has huge benifits and we do hear what you guys have to say, this is not the first time that this has been asked for.