Mapping ANALOG DirectX-buttons

DonULFonso
Location: near THE Neandert(h)al (Germany for all Homo Sapiens)

Mapping ANALOG DirectX-buttons

Post by DonULFonso »

The one and only true issue I have with my TrackIR is finding enough free keys to map to the TIR's commands, especially the on/off- and the mode-toggle plus the center-function. The TIR's software doesn't allow to use chorded keys, the function-keys don't always get trapped properly, and anyway: many sims use such a load of keys, combinations and sequences that it's hard to almost impossible to find enough free un-chorded 'normal' keys to map to the TIR's essential functions. Even if one manages to free up enough un-chorded keys via a game's control-options, this nonetheless is a procedure I would rather do without.

What I truly and badly am missing would be to be allowed to map analog DirectX-buttons to the TIR's commands. DirectX-buttons never interfere with a game's mapping (the first few buttons that are used by default put notwithstanding), and they don't care what other analog in-/output is used at the same time (chording keys however apply on all keys currently pressed).

Could you guys at NaturalPoint please consider adding analog DirectX-support to some next software-version? TIA
poyungan

Re: Mapping ANALOG DirectX-buttons

Post by poyungan »

Hear, hear!
jimrandazzo

Post by jimrandazzo »

Gotta say "Me three" on this one.
Being able to just hit the trigger to turn the tracking on and off would save your butt now and then.
AndyHill

Post by AndyHill »

I don't think this would be as trivial to program as it sounds like. Using directinput buttons might reuire an entirely new approach, since AFAIK TIR software doesn't do that yet. However, the benefits would be well worth it.

I agree with DonULFonso's suggestion. It would be great to map the "center TIR" -function to a joystick button. However, if there was directinput support, it would be possible to map TIR directly to joystick axis. How about using Vector for zoom in LoMAC? Or using TIR to control Mechwarrior? Might be nice.
Hornet

Post by Hornet »

quote:However, if there was directinput support, it would be possible to map TIR directly to joystick axis. How about using Vector for zoom in LoMAC? Or using TIR to control Mechwarrior? Might be nice.[/QB]My thought exactly dude !!

They wouldnt any longer be dependend of the game deveoplers to explicitely support the TIR at all....

Would work with all multicontroller capable games !
d.burnette

Post by d.burnette »

quote:Originally posted by Sim Flight Jim:
Gotta say "Me three" on this one.
Being able to just hit the trigger to turn the tracking on and off would save your butt now and then.Amd me " Four" on this one, great idea Don.
ericd

Post by ericd »

The latest release contains a new feature for DirectX buttons. You can now map DirectX buttons to the 3 hotkeys. DirectX buttons include any joysticks as well as the buttons on a mouse.
DonULFonso
Location: near THE Neandert(h)al (Germany for all Homo Sapiens)

Post by DonULFonso »

THX , that's great news!
Benquin

Post by Benquin »

I have a Logi Momo wheel on ID 0 and a USB Act-Labs shifter on ID1 on XP pro and I can only map buttons from the shifter. Pressed wheel buttons are not detected.

I tried going into game controller so that both light on my wheel are on, but it doesn't solve the problem. (I also tried the refresh Direct Input button)

If I knew what the Key created in the profile is, I could try to manually enter my Wheel ID, but I did not found the key from my shifter in the registry.

Help would be appreciated because putting the center button on the wheel is great!
(Already working in GPL, because JSJ has this feature in GPLshift).
Benquin

Post by Benquin »

I finally found the key (GUID) for my Momo but it still doesn't work.

Having something like in GPLshift for selection (Ex: 1.3 for controller 1, button 3) would be great.

Thanks for a great product!