Integrated joystick emulation

3ra_Luke

Integrated joystick emulation

Post by 3ra_Luke »

There are lots of games that could be played using tir if the software could integrate some kind of "copy" (I�m sure its creator would be glad to help Naturalpoint) of tir2joy + key press emulation.
Some fps like Ravenshield could use i.e. V.E roll axis for leaning over the corners (it uses the Q and E keys).
Pacific Fighters could use it too. Now it is implemented a zoom using 3 different programs, but the best could be to use the TIR software.
Really nobody in Naturalpoint has thought about this possibility?

Tnx
mopheta

Re: Integrated joystick emulation

Post by mopheta »

There are a lot of posibilities. With a driver that support different binds to axes you would can:

- Move your head to control mouse movement (like a help to control the mouse in Ravenshield).

- Pressing a "binded driver key" to toggle while pressed TrackIR axes function (for example, if you press "A" your TIR X axis convert to joystick X axe, binded to leaning into the game... or If you press "B" your TIR Z axis convert to any key emulation with/without autofire, to zoom weapon in ghost recon).

Those things can be programed into future games, but all we know that present games don�t support this features with TIR.

But I think that joystick emulation is not the solution to play with TIR. Programs like Tir2joy can do it, but the center position with TIR is very difficult, and always you are moving something the joystick. The solution would be mouse emulation, but different than joytokey or other programs. Must be mouse emulation always refered to the center of the screen, not like a joystick. If you move 5� your head to the right, you move the cursor something to the right and the cursor be quiet in this position (no always moving slowly). It is a mouse movement like TIR movement.