More head turning angle

davierosoft

More head turning angle

Post by davierosoft »

Hi! I'm using TIR3 from 3 days and I'm very happy! I want to know if is possible to turn the head over than 180 degrees left and right and more than 90 degrees in up and down. With vector expansion is possible to move over the stops and continue to move ingame head untill the reflecting dots are out from sensor? This will permit movements over 180 degrees left and right and in the other axis

Sorry for my bad english!
davierosoft

Re: More head turning angle

Post by davierosoft »

No answer or bad english?
In few world I'm wondering more freedom of movements in FS2004
And if is possible a patch to use active camera with trackir for movements inside the virtual cabin!
GADGET

Post by GADGET »

I agree partially

In my opinion TIR by default should follow the gimbal limits of the human head + eyes, to mimic the exact field of view of the average human body.

Actually the TIR limits are unreal and not very natural.

Besides that, there should be an editing function to increase/reduce those limits, well by the game software, or by TIR software.
warrenEBB

Post by warrenEBB »

If I understand: you still want to use small head motions in the real world, but you want the in-game view to rotate much further than it currently does.

Right now, the in-game view limits are decided by the developer. So it is different from game to game. (In GTR for example, the up/down movement is very limited, to make sure you don't see past the edges of the cockpit).

This was a big issue in IL2, as some people felt the views were too free/wide, and gave an unfair advantage, so the developers limited the motion a bit in that game.

But we've never asked anyone to go past the 180 and 90 degree limits, because it gets very disorienting.

[ August 29, 2005, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint-Warren ]
jazmaz88

Post by jazmaz88 »

I was wondering why on some games(IL-2) its free roaming and on some its hat click movements.On Falcon 4.0 I give myself whiplash after looking at my stick and change view.Any solutions??Or could you list which do what.I really like free roaming.The clicking is to exact and I can feel my brain slosh lol jk I hope lol.I noticed most of the chatter is about small tweek issues so if we can get a IL-2 style head movement in BF2.Or any multi movement oriented games (Far Cry style).I think this could be the first REAL step to virtual interaction.Keep it up fellas the gold ring is within grasp.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Warren my take on the original post is for a return of the old 'Linda Blair'.