EECH 6DOF and Whirwinds of Vietnam

jroad

EECH 6DOF and Whirwinds of Vietnam

Post by jroad »

Hi,

I recently received my TrackIR 3 Pro VE and am enjoying using it with Falcon and now Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs. Hokum (EECH).

I wanted to let you know that the community has updated the latest executable to support 6 DOF. So you may want to update your website to reflect this.

The mouselook needs to be enabled in the Options and the eech.ini needs
TIR_6DOF=1
[default is 0]

Also, I wanted to know if NP is aware of Whirlwinds of Vietnam, a new helo sim slated for 2006 release. It's looking good so far and TIR support would be a requirement for many (including me).

Homepage of WOV:
WOV

A SimHQ first look:
Sim HQ

Updated Pics from IGN:
IGN Pics

[ October 10, 2005, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: jroad ]
rodom

Re: EECH 6DOF and Whirwinds of Vietnam

Post by rodom »

Thanks for the information! This is definately information that I will pass on as well as take a good look at this game myself.
mmed

Re: EECH 6DOF and Whirwinds of Vietnam

Post by mmed »

Great news. I've been waiting for a new helo sim for years.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/whirlwind-of-v ... 375p1.html

On that link you can read the following;

In the demo we saw, the player's view was free-floating, able to look around the entire cockpit of the gunship where everything was faithfully recreated down to the color of the bolts. Each and every dial on the dashboard is also completely accurate, and gives constant real-time information. While the game will support keyboard/joystick control, players clicking on a switch on the control panel with the mouse will find it, too, works exactly the way it's supposed to.

It�s the IL-2 Sturmovik team that's developing this game.