NFS: Shift

MaxDarklighter

NFS: Shift

Post by MaxDarklighter »

Hi Naturalpoint!
I just bought Trackir 5 and am interesting in reason why NFS: Shift is still not in the list of supported games?
Are you going to make support for it?
Seth Steiling

Re: NFS: Shift

Post by Seth Steiling »

Hi Max,

Unfortunately, the Shift developers ran out of time to integrate TrackIR. We offered them our support, but I believe their development schedule was very tight, and in the end they couldn't make it happen.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
MaxDarklighter

Post by MaxDarklighter »

Oh I see. So shame of them :)

And do you have any info if they going to agree and spend some time to integrate TrackIR to up comming SHIFT 2?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

I have an email out to them, and I'm awaiting response.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
MaxDarklighter

Post by MaxDarklighter »

Oh OK than. I'll wait for there response here. Please feedback here when new info will be available.

Don't want to start new Topic so I'll ask here.
Is it OK for TrackIR and Track clip PRO to be pluged to USB HUB? Or direct USB plug is required?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Depends on the hub. A good quality external hub, with it's own power supply can work (we like the dlinks) but you can have some issues if the hub doesn't generate enough power for the TrackIR camera.
MaxDarklighter

Post by MaxDarklighter »

Vincent can you please give me info about implementation also to Tom Clancy's HAWX 2. Can we wait of it or developers cancel it;s implementation in HAWX sequel?
Seth Steiling

Post by Seth Steiling »

Unfortunately we've received mixed signals from Ubisoft on HAWX 2. From my conversations with them, I believe that their developers wanted to integrate TrackIR, but their marketing department was not on board for some reason. I'm honestly not sure which side won out, as I've been unable to get an update from them. I have heard from some TrackIR users that they've been able to use TrackIR on a limited basis with HAWX 2, but I'm not able to guarantee that at this moment.
Marketing Manager
TrackIR | OptiTrack
Jswets

Post by Jswets »

Seth,
Any update on this? Just purchased Hawx 2...It's pretty awesome....Can't I just get TrackIR to be recognized as a keyboard entry and replace their keyboard commands in the setup with trackir inputs?
Thanks
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

JSwets -

There is a third party utility linked to on our community web page called "TrackMapper" that does exactly that. You can find the links to 3rd party utilities here