Key assignement for enabling/disabling axis

FreSte

Key assignement for enabling/disabling axis

Post by FreSte »

Hi,
I've got trackIR 3 + vector expansion with
the last release of the software (4.1028).
I use it for flight simulation: in particular, with FS2004. What I would like to know if it is possibile to define a key assignement for enabling/disabling function of a single axis. In particular, I'm looking for this feature because during the landing I would find very useful to disable the axis that correspond to the lateral movement of the head (I don't remeber exactly if it is the axis called "X"). In fact, during hand flying landing, the lateral moviment of the head makes very difficult to judge if the plane is lined with the centerline of the runway or not.

If this setting is not possibile at the moment, will be there some plan to develope it in future release of the TrackIR software?

Thank you for any replies and... Happy Xmas

[ December 23, 2005, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: Stefano ]
Birch

Re: Key assignement for enabling/disabling axis

Post by Birch »

The software does not currently provide the feature you describe, however you may want to give precision mode a try if you have not yet already. It provides increased stability which can be enabled and disabled with a hotkey, there are more details in the online manual .
gonk

Post by gonk »

Also the ability to use ALT, Ctrl or Shift to pause, centre or switch to Precision. Also maybe have a tick box to have a "press once" or "hold" option for the buttons. I prefer software to be customiseable to me rather than for me to change my habbits.

Thanks... gonk
Birch

Post by Birch »

quote:Originally posted by gonk:
Also the ability to use ALT, Ctrl or Shift to pause, centre or switch to Precision. Also maybe have a tick box to have a "press once" or "hold" option for the buttons. I prefer software to be customiseable to me rather than for me to change my habbits.

Thanks... gonkThere is a "Toggle" checkbox for precision mode which allows the selection between precision only being active when the key is held down (toggle unchecked) or being turned on and off every time the key is pressed (toggle checked).

There was greater demand for the support of modifier+regular keys for hotkeys than for using modifier keys alone as hotkeys, so we implemented the feature change based on feedback from our users. The advantage this provides a much greater number of potential hotkey combinations as well as no longer interfering with game hotkeys.
gonk

Post by gonk »

rgr... thx for the info. It is no biggie , as I just wanted to use the ALT key to hold "on" and "off" the IR 4. The game I am trying to customise for is fairly long in the tooth, with the next version is supposed to have IR support. Thanks for a great product.

[ January 14, 2006, 05:53 AM: Message edited by: gonk ]