Mac support for Track IR

jodancc

Mac support for Track IR

Post by jodancc »

Hello,

there still are a few posts about the lack of the support of the Mac OS platform. But those posts seem to be dead since a while. So here is my request for a Mac support of the Track IR device (together with X-Plane).

Please don't ignore the growing number of Mac user an X-Plane user !
ve7ovy

Re: Mac support for Track IR

Post by ve7ovy »

Seconded!

The growing popularity of Macs used for gaming in 2010-11 and specifically in my case, with X-Plane 9, means a large number of potential customers out there who you're ignoring!

Please consider making an effort to add Mac comparability so we can buy the Track IR and use it with X-Plane and other Mac games.
X-Plane 10 is about to be released on Mac/Linux/PC, even more potential buyers of the Track IR around the corner!
demanmetdeneus

Post by demanmetdeneus »

And one more... Please add Mac support. X-Plane 10 is coming this christmas. Many great virtual cockpits in there.

Sincerely,
Peter
thinkr

Post by thinkr »

Can't you guys just install Windows XP Pro or Win 7 Natively and install Trackir software your done.

Windows for games.
Mac for work.

Face it you don't buy a mac for gaming.

Anyone trying to game on a mac other than solitaire is just like being in a row boat without a paddle.

Just coun't your blessings that your os isn't flooded with malware yet. Use windows for gaming.

If you don't have enough harddrive space for a windows partition then you shouldn't be trying to game on your mac in the first place.
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

While some people have been able to get TrackIR working with bootcamp, a number of people do still have issues, so we really don't recommend it.
sapam

Post by sapam »

Leaving out Mac Support for TrackIR seems quite not logical at this time of year.

Many Game developers are coming out for Mac also along with PC.
So, not having TrackIR support for Mac is like ignoring a big chunk of prospective buyers of TrackIR.

I myself own a TrackIR4 PRO. But after I switched over to Mac about a year back. The device is eating dust.

I do use Mac for Gaming too. I use simulators like X-Plane 10 and AeroFly FS. on the Mac, and its sad to have so support for TrackIR on that platform.

NaturalPoint is not a cheap, living on the edge Company. I believe its one of the most recognizable company in Market which produce great quality devices and software. So, it still amuses me why can't a great company like NaturalPoint pull out a Mac software/driver for TrackIR. Doing so will surely expand the community of people using this awesome device.

Regards,
Sapam
peterkennett

Post by peterkennett »

I too want to post my desire for TrackIR on the Mac platform. I would drop $400 today on one without blinking.

Peter