Reflecting glasses issue

coolpoint

Reflecting glasses issue

Post by coolpoint »

I'm using track ir 4 + TrackIR Software 5.4 with windows 7 x64 and there's problem of reflecting glasses issue.
I know the option in camera tap 'adjust the light filter threshold' but it's not working for my glasses.
however, it has been working great on the TrackIR Software version 4.
where can I get that ver.4 track ir software?
MikeWitham

Re: Reflecting glasses issue

Post by MikeWitham »

coolpoint.

What is your LED brightness set at? Have you tried lowering it in conjunction with raising the light filter threshold?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
coolpoint

Post by coolpoint »

mike,

Lowering led brightness is working but not perfectly.
Still happening. Intermittently it causes the cockpit to become erratic for a second then go back to normal.

I just need the old version 4 software.
Why you guys block old version?
Many people still need it.
Attachments
123.png
123.png (13.92 KiB) Viewed 6396 times
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

coolpoint,

I apologize but what I had meant to have you turn down is the IR brightness, not the status LEDs.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
netjeff

Post by netjeff »

I've been using for a few months, and just discovered another trick: position the camera/receiver unit off-center on your monitor, rather than dead-center. I moved mine an inch or two off-center, then slightly pivoted to so the software "Camera View" still shows the green dots centered. Glasses act more like a mirror, and so dead-center placement makes it more likely the unit will pick up reflections from glasses. So off-center makes it less likely. The TrackClip reflectors reflect from any angle, so no problem there. Off-center placement combined with already-suggested "IR brightness" has almost entirely eliminated the TrackIR glitching due to glasses reflections.