TrackIR4 setup instructions

snomhf

TrackIR4 setup instructions

Post by snomhf »

Since I help a lot of people with their TrackIR4 devices, I have been developing this document that details all the elements of setup.

Thought it might be helpful to share it here.

Hope you find it useful.

-mark
VincentG

Re: TrackIR4 setup instructions

Post by VincentG »

Very nice - I will sticky this as well
Gpruitt54

Post by Gpruitt54 »

As a potential buyer, I want am considering either version 4 or 5. Because of the cost, version 4 is more attractive. Since version 5 is the most current, how much better is version 5 over version 4?

Will version 4 work with as many games as version 5?
Is version 4 updated, and are profiles created for version 4 at the same rate as profiles and software updates for version 5?

How much less is the performance of version 4 relative to version 5?

I am talking about TrackIR4 and TrackIR5.

Thanks
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

As far as differences in the cameras themselves, we have a hardware comparison chart located here -

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/02- ... rison.html

Both the TrackIR 4, and the 5, have support for the same games list.

The TrackIR 5 software, which has support for the 4 & 5, is the only version under current software development.
Gpruitt54

Post by Gpruitt54 »

Well, I am attracted by the $99.00 price tag on the TIR4, but am wondering of the differences between TIR4 and TIR5 is enough to justify the added cost.

I plan to use the product mostly with Flight Sim X, Black Shark, and a few other flight sim titles. I've seen the tracking demo showing tracking detail of the two units, but I cannot effectively judge how that will actually affect my gaming experience.

Thanks for your responses to my questions.
sapam

Post by sapam »

@Gpruitt54: I have gone through the same Delima as am in big budget crunch. I end up buying the TIR4+TrackClip, and that with paying less than TIR5 alone. I still wish to get TIR5 but can't afford at the moment so I settled for TIR4+TrackClip.
I am also planning to use it with FLightSims like X-Plane, IL-2 1946 and Racing Sim like netKar/LFS etc.

I am also hoping TIR4 will do some justice in the quality of gaming and tracking. Also, my TIR4 will be arriving today.
daffodills

Post by daffodills »

I end up buying the TIR4+TrackClip, and that with paying less than TIR5 alone. I still wish to get TIR5 but can't afford at the moment so I settled for TIR4+TrackClip.
I am also planning to use it with FLightSims like X-Plane, IL-2 1946 and Racing Sim like netKar/LFS etc.

Thanks.
moser
richardsjenkins

Post by richardsjenkins »

Is there an updated version for this? Kirks Renovations Federal Way
richardsjenkins

Post by richardsjenkins »

Still waiting for a response here :( Duolao
larrysam

Post by larrysam »

i have received a new Dell Alienware PC windows 11 and have FSX with expansion pack installed. I am trying to get my Trackir 4 installed. Control panel shows Trackir installed and working properly. On the trackir program the status light is green and if I press the pause area the trackir hardware has a red light at the top come on/off. other than that I can not get trackir to funtion at all. I have tried different USB ports on the back of the PC and on powered hubs but still always the same results. I have used various downloaded Trackir software but again with the same results. Is there something I am missing or has this trackir stopped working?
any help would be appreciated.