"No Device Detected" after years of faithful service

prpilot

"No Device Detected" after years of faithful service

Post by prpilot »

Hello all. I have a TrackIR 4, which has been wonderfully dependable for many years. But now it doesn't work. When I run the TrackIR software, it tells me "no device detected". The red light comes on on the camera device, and occasionally the blue light.

The only thing that has changed recently is the mounting: the old 3-legged base was worn out and would not hold position any longer, so I removed the camera unit from it's base and mounted it on a wire frame slightly above my monitor. It did work a few times since I did this, but since this was a recent change I thought I'd include it.

I have tried rebooting the computer, plugging the camera (with Trackclip Pro and without) into different UBS ports, downloaded the latest software (uninstalled the previous) to no avail. I have checked the Device Manager but I cannot tell which USB device is which. Here is a screen shot of the device manager:

[img:center]Image[/img]

Has my TrackIR finally bit the dust? Thanks for your replies.
prpilot

Re: "No Device Detected" after years of faithful service

Post by prpilot »

Oh, and the serial number is ######. Thanks.
Last edited by prpilot on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Serial number removed
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: "No Device Detected" after years of faithful service

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Unfortunately, based on this picture? Probably. A sure-fire test would be to plug it into another computer to verify.