No device detected

Remington

No device detected

Post by Remington »

New computer
Win7 64
TrackIR 4 - worked perfectly for years in old computer.
Software Version 4.1 build 36
Program shows: No device detected
TrackIR device has red LED glowing lightly.
Program Manager USB controllers shows NaturalPoint trackir 4 with an exclamation point.

Device status reads:
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

So, what's going on?
Remington

Re: No device detected

Post by Remington »

Never mind.

It seems it doesn't like certain USP ports on this computer. But, I found a couple it does like. :- /
Uriah

Post by Uriah »

After having to reinstall Windows 7 I had to install TrackIR again it would not recognize or see the device, I saw these errors:
When I looked at the window for TrackIR I noticed it said 'No device detected'
and when I went to Device Manager I noticed it said
“windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required...”
It also said that when I would plug in the device and it would try to install the device.

The problem seemed to be that I installed TrackIR4 and then TrackIR5.
When I uninstalled TrackIR4 and 5 and then just tried to install TrackIR5 then it worked.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hello,

Our driver is digitally signed. However, we have a few rare cases when windows thinks it is not digitally signed. I was able to get this to work by disabling digital signature enforcement. Here are the steps to do so:

1. During boot-up, continuously press <F8> to get to Advanced Boot Options. Note: On some systems, you need to first press <F2> to go into Boot Menu, then press <F8> to reach Advanced Boot Options.

2. When the menu appears, use the DOWN arrow key to scroll to “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.”

3. Press <Enter>.

4. Continue the boot process.

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav