Tilt correct facing forward, but inverted facing behind

Meatball095

Tilt correct facing forward, but inverted facing behind

Post by Meatball095 »

All,

I'm experiencing a bit of a problem with head tilt (roll).

When facing forwards, the tilt is correct. If I tilt my head to the right/left, the software tilts the view to the right/left, respectively.

However, when facing backwards in the software, the tilt is inverted from the forward facing responses. If I tilt my head to the right/left, the software tilts the view to the left/right, respectively.

It seems like there is a huge reversal of head tilt in the software when the yaw passes the 90 degree right or left position. When I tilt my head to the right while facing forwards, and then rotate my head through 90 degrees yaw, the software head tilt goes from tilting right to tilting left.

Is anyone else experiencing this? What can I do to resolve this problem? Until then, I'm disabling the head tilt feature... which is disappointing me a bit.

I'm using TIR 4 Pro, a TrackClip Pro, and software version 5.1.300 (Build 9945).

Thanks,
-Meatball

Keywords: Tilt, Roll, Reversed, Inverted, Facing, Backwards, Forwards, Front, Back, 90 Degrees, Right, Left, Head, TrackIR 4, TrackClip, Pro
NaturalPoint - Mike

Re: Tilt correct facing forward, but inverted facing behind

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

Hello -

Enabling trueview for roll should correct this issue for you.
Meatball095

Post by Meatball095 »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]Hello -

Enabling trueview for roll should correct this issue for you.[/quote] That didn't fix the problem. Any other ideas?
Meatball095

Post by Meatball095 »

So what... next to no technical support? Do I need to explain my problem any more?

This is an out of the box problem. I followed instructions for setup and installation of the TrackIR software, tried the suggestion from NaturalPoint - Mike above, and one of the advertized 6-degrees of freedom is still not working properly. As far as I'm concerned, your product is only working 83.3% of the way it was advertized.

Natural Point has a problem with it's software... Roll is screwed up (inverted) when you are looking greater than 90 degrees left or right, and near 90 degrees you cannot roll at all. Help me help you fix this (our) problem. Any ideas?
NaturalPoint - Mike

Post by NaturalPoint - Mike »

I've done some testing on the issue, and found a way to reproduce this regardless of the state of TrueView. I've gotten this to our developers as a fix for our next release.
Meatball095

Post by Meatball095 »

[quote=NaturalPoint - Mike]I've done some testing on the issue, and found a way to reproduce this regardless of the state of TrueView. I've gotten this to our developers as a fix for our next release.[/quote] Thanks
bthrun

Post by bthrun »

I am having this problem nearly two and a half years after the last post in this thread. I'm using the most up to date version of the software. Is there a fix for this?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

bthrun,

Have you tested this with and without TrueView enabled? If so, was the result the same?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager