Have to restart the TIR software...driving me nuts!

darrenkarp

Have to restart the TIR software...driving me nuts!

Post by darrenkarp »

Hi All,

I have a TIR 4 with clip pro (had standard head clip before) but even so 99% of the time after I start the software the camera doesn't seem to come online and I have to quit the app and restart. Generally the second time it all works. I'm on W7 and have the app running under admin. Anyone got any clues as to what I can do?

Thanks
D.
jolsonsalem

Re: Have to restart the TIR software...driving me nuts!

Post by jolsonsalem »

When you bring up the TrackIR software the first time and the camera doesn't seem to be working does the program find the camera? Up at the top left it should show you what type of camera was detected and its serial number.
darrenkarp

Post by darrenkarp »

It says Device: TrackIR4 #XXXXX
Last edited by darrenkarp on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:31 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Removed serial number
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

Ok so it is detecting the TrackIR, that's a good start. The first time you open it and it isn't tracking, try changing the HUD side to camera view. To do this click on the down arrow next to "Display" and choose "Camera View". Do you see the 3 dots of the TrackClip? Also, is TrackClip or TrackClip Pro selected when the tracking doesn't work?
voxymoron

Post by voxymoron »

Hi, I have the exact same issue.

To answer your question: there are no dots the first time I start TrackIR (using TrackClipPro and the software is set properly).
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi Voxy,

Do you have this plugged into a USB hub, front of the computer, or back of the computer? Could you try to plug this directly into the back of the computer. Also, are you using USB 2.0 or 3.0?

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
voxymoron

Post by voxymoron »

Hi,

It is plugged into the back of an Asus Maximus Formula motherboard (the first one) which has only USB 2.0.

Hm, I had this problem for months and now that I posted in the forum it's gone.
Thank you! :)

One thing I noticed: If I start TrackIR immediately after I've logged into windows, it works right away. It doesn't work if I wait until other software like steam has loaded. So it must be an interference with 3rd party software/drivers. One obvious thing was that I have an Saitek X52 joystick and cyborg rat mouse. The latter uses somehow the same programming software/profiles and the mouse tried to load a joystick profile which results in an error message during startup (it didn't bother me that much). To correct this was the only thing i've changed. I'll try to reproduce...
voxymoron

Post by voxymoron »

ah ok, problem still exists, it had nothing to do with the saitek profiles :) or :(
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

How unfortunate Voxy, could I have you create a ticket with us at help.naturalpoint.com with all of your information you have provided here?
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav