TrackIR replacement stand and clip

DavidVI

TrackIR replacement stand and clip

Post by DavidVI »

Can I purchase a TrackIR 4 replacement stand? I've lost mine. I saw one for TrackIR 5 on the shop but I don't know if that works with IR4?

Also need a replacement clip but I see that's available.

Thanks
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: TrackIR replacement stand and clip

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi David,

The TrackIR 5 stand will not work with the TrackIR 4. We do not sell the TrackIR 4 stand. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
Merell

Re: TrackIR replacement stand and clip

Post by Merell »

I had a broken leg on my Trakir4 and looking at the Trakir5 replacement stand I thought that maybe the legs would work on the 4, I also had a back up plan if this did not work. When I received the stand I found that the connecting part of the legs are a bit smaller than the Trakir4 stand so should be able to work but not being 100% sure I went to my backup plan.

Basically what I did is removed the legs to the Trakir4 and super glued a magnet to the remaining part of the stand. All you need is a paper clip or other stiff metal rod that will push the anchor pins in the front legs out. You will need something to cut off the back leg of the stand because removal of the full leg will remove the base that the camera head is attached to. This would make it so that the head would not have any swivel if you took the full back leg off. After you do that all you need to do is take some course sand paper to rough up the plastic base of the Trakir4 (This will allow the super glue to attach itself to the plastic a bit better, you may not have to do this but I did so I wouldn't have future problems) apply supper glue and a small magnet (hobby store or if you have one laying around) that will then attach itself to the replacement Trakir5 base. The most technical part of the fix is making sure you have the correct side of the magnet face up so it will attach and not repel from the new Trakir5 base. Fix takes maybe 3 min if you have all the parts available when you start. After your done you have a brand new Trakir4.5 :o :D

Hope this may help some of you that run into the same problem I had.