Camera not seeing clip

Tucker Fleming

Camera not seeing clip

Post by Tucker Fleming »

Hi all. I've had a trackir4 for a few years, it works great, till yesterday. The camera has stopped seeing the clip or any other light source, as if the camera is burned out. Does this happen?
All the red and blue LED's work fine, just the green one quit. It works for a couple seconds after I start the software and then just the green light quits (along with the units ability to sense the hat-clip) and it's dead. Thanks for any help you can give me!

Tucker
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Re: Camera not seeing clip

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi Tucker,

Could you please confirm the device is detected in the TrackIR software and you see Red or Green objects in the Camera Viewport?

Regards,
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav
Tucker Fleming

Post by Tucker Fleming »

Hi Dustin!
The camera is detected sporaticly, on and off, mostly off. I don't know what the Camera Viewport is. The wee screen that says "camera" goes black and red sporaticly with the camera detection. I've had it about 6-7 years, Worked great till very recently.
Thanks again for your help.

Tucker
Tucker Fleming

Post by Tucker Fleming »

On the bottom right hand corner of the software screen is a green light (Tracking Status) that says "Camera Detected and Connected". The light next (Camera Tracking Status) to it is out, but sometimes goes yellow for short periods then out again. In the little Hardware piece sitting on top of my monitor, the 4 red lights in the center are on, the blue light on the bottom illuminates when the unit is active in a game and the light on top goes from green to off (faint red), mostly off, but it goes back on (green) for very short (less than a second) periods. I hope that is somewhat clear :)

Tucker
Tucker Fleming

Post by Tucker Fleming »

I just ordered a Trackir 5. It'll be here in a few days. It should work fine.
NaturalPoint-Dustin

Post by NaturalPoint-Dustin »

Hi Tucker,

Let me know how the TrackIR 5 works out for you.
Dustin
Technical Support Engineer
OptiTrack | TrackIR | SmartNav