Re: TrackIR 4 with 3 Projectors..

Post by The_Nephilim »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQqHx1TMeII

Here is my setup in action.. Enjoy..
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Wow!

Impressive doesn't begin to cover it. Thank you for the video, always impressive.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
The_Nephilim

Post by The_Nephilim »

I just want to let all know for future reference what had happened with my Z axis not working properly..

We were troubleshooting tonight with my Friend and he noted that the Pivot was on the left ear and he said it should not be.. So on a whim he said put the Pro Clip on my Right ear with the clip in the down position..

I had it on my right ear but with the clip in the Up position.. Well to my surprise that had cured My Z axis Troubles.. What was happening when I turned my head left or right it would ZOOM in and Out respectively..

Well my Suggestion to users with Projectors are the following:

1. Mount the TrackIR unit Behind the Projectors ( I inverted 180 and the software allows for this)

2. Keep it level or near as level with the Pro clip or Regular clip..

3. Keep the clip on the Right side of the headset is using the Pro clip.. If using the Clip it wont matter as it is already centered..

4. Keep the longer end of the Pro clip Towards the Bottom.. The 2 Smaller pointers to the top..

I seen most people mount their clip on the left side but for my setup it ONLY works on the right side with the pointers in the down position.. the longer end to the bottom..

Well IF you need pictures let me know I can put them up.. Hope this helps someone in the future as I near sent it back as no one was able to figure this out..
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Nephilim,

Thank you for the update. I came to a similar conclusion while I was toying with settings last night. I am glad to hear it is working well.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
The_Nephilim

Post by The_Nephilim »

OK Besides some minor tweaking this should be my last update on what I have done to configure for 3 Projectors..

It was too sensitive in response and what I did to curb it was to Turn OFF Trueview, it is now working as I had imagined it too work.. With TrueView on it was overly sensitive to my head movements..

Now It works as other has said it works.. But everybody kept saying leave trueview on in my setup it was best to have it OFF..

Well finally all configured and hopefully this thread will help any future Projector user..