TrackIR 4 with 3 Projectors..

The_Nephilim

TrackIR 4 with 3 Projectors..

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hey Guys,

I have a small problem in the from of Light from behind me my 3 Projectors..
I read the guide and checked the camera view the lights go Red when I pan UP all others are green..

Now Since I use Projectors and the light is behind me I can NOT block this light out..

Now funny thing is I don't think that may matter much as when I first installed the software when I panned around it appeared to have worked just fine with a small adjustment but now I can not get it to Pan UP??

Am I just not going to be able to use the track IR because of the light source coming from behind me??

I searched the foums for Projectors but got no hits am I alone and the ONLY one who uses projectors with Trackir??
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR 4 with 3 Projectors..

Post by MikeWitham »

Nephilim,

Have you considered putting the camera behind you? Select the "Invert" box to reverse the tracking for each axis. Reversing the Pitch, Roll, X, and Z axes would allow the TrackIR camera to be placed behind your head.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
The_Nephilim

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hmm I possibly could did Not know I could do that.. Thnx for the tip ;)

But I do believe I found a working solution.. I had put the Tracker unit on top of my Screen like you would a monitor and tilted it down a bit. I can pan down to 55degrees now before it was only going to 10..

I think with a little more positioning I will hit the sweet spot..

I put this in yesterday I did not know we needed mod approval to post so I had worked on it a bit since.. was funny I thought my post was lost in the ether..
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Thank you for the update. Let me know how it turns out.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
The_Nephilim

Post by The_Nephilim »

Well Mike in All Honesty I thought I was going to have to send it back and there was no Hope.. as I did not see in the FAQ that I could put it behind me..

I am not to keen on just sending stuff back and as I had 30 days I was sticking with it till I can find a workaround or something..

I would like to see that info put up in the FAQ as I was just about to send back the TrackIR but since I put it Above the screen, I have 3 - 45" 4:3ar Screen in a triplehead config with 3 Acer X1261P Projectors..

I did finally manage to get about 65Deg on the down looking and at least 90 in all other directions. Actually the left and right views goto about 135deg.. I am looking back long before that tho so it is fine at 90.

I need to fine tune it a bit more so I can get 90 while looking down..
I am also looking to get nThusim and a curved screen that is also a little bit bigger then my current screen..

That should be cool with the Flight simulations and rqace sims I play..

Well thank you for the assist.. I plan on keeping it just need to fine tune some of the Profiles I have ..

Thnx and I don't know why I did NOT get one of these sooner..
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

I'm glad that I could help you out. We are always looking to improve the FAQ and user manuals. I will definitely add this to our list of suggested improvements.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
The_Nephilim

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hi Mike and Everybody,

I just wanted to give an update on what I have done to get my TrackIR working Good with PRojectors..

I had mounted the Unit Behind me Underneath the PRojectors with a 3/4" Wood board down from the ceiling joists.. I had mounted the TrackIR Unit Upside down and behind me..

Works like a charm I just need to fine tune as I now Only Get 1 Red light when looking down.. IT is mostly because of me slowching.. and I think IF I sit up Straighter and adjust the IR Unit It will be fine but it is working NP with my curve I set and just need to make a decent Profile for my Triplescreen setup..

IF anybody else has a Triplescreen and plays DCSW I would be interested in seeing your Profile for TrackIR..

ill pm you my email just leave a message here..
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello Nephilim,

I just wanted to say thank you for the update and that I am really glad that it is working well for you.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
The_Nephilim

Post by The_Nephilim »

Hi All,

I have a new issue and was wondering what I can do to fix it.. Now just to let you know I have the tracker mounted behind me and is inverted upside down..

I also have the Track Clip Pro and it is on my right side headset but is flipped up.. I can take a pic if you are unsure what I mean..

Now my problem is the "Z" Axis.. well it works when I move my head Forward it zooms in. but it also Zooms when I turn my head to the right causing some issues ingames..

Now I can do without the Z Axis but I like its feature in DCSW but is causing some issues I am hoping I can resolve..

Well since I have a niche setup of how it is setup I was wondering if having the trackClip Pro set the way I do is causing my issue..

Here is a pic o the Headset:

Now the Lights are green across the board.. I need to keep the clip pro in the up position as it creates too many red lights in the Camera view in the TrackIR Software...
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hey Nephilim,

I'm glad to see that you are honing in your setup, and what a setup you have! I will be toying around with inverting the TrackIR and using the TrackClip PRO to see if I can put together a solution for you. Just keep me updated on any progress, OK?

Best regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager