TrackIR not ?"initializing"?

karlh

TrackIR not ?"initializing"?

Post by karlh »

I have an issue with my TrackIR being in stand -by mode. I have a TrackIR 4 (#88043 per the software). I have used it with FSX on my laptop on occasion & as recently as earlier in the month.

I have a new PC & installed the software. The driver seemed to be installed properly when the unit was plugged in. It was originally plugged into a non-powered USB hub. I started the software and noticed immediately that there was no movement detected and that the blue LED was not on. The green indicator on the software is on. The blue indicator comes on when FSX is loaded. When I select/unselect PAUSE in the software the red LED turns on/off respectively.

I took the following steps to correct this without any success:

· Moved the unit’s plug to different ports that were directly on the PC, first a USB 3.0 port and then to the USB 2 ports.

· Unplugged the unit and uninstalled the software (v5.2.2). Reinstalled with the installation file that was successfully used on the laptop (V5.2.2 as well).

· Plugged the unit into different ports, started FSX, and Digital Combat Simulations, DCS.

· Verified through “Device Manager” that the unit was being recognized and was active there.

· Plugged in a Trackclip Pro. No sound was heard when that was connected to the USB port. No additional hardware was shown in the Device Manager.

I plugged both the TrackIR 4 and then the Trackclip Pro into the laptop in which the devices had previously worked properly. The results were identical to the desktop PC.

Since its last use the units were stored in a box. They have not been subjected to any significant environmental variances. I am not aware of any trauma that the unit could have suffered. The box has simply sat on a shelf.

A reference I found said the slow flashing blue indicates low power or stand-by mode. I located and installed the Optitrack SDK. When “Mouse Emulator” is run an error dialog box appears. It says, “Unabled to initialize TrackIR”

Is this a hardware failure issue or something with the software? What can I do to remedy it?

Thanks,

Karl H
Attachments
TrackIr4_1a.jpg
TrackIr4_1a.jpg (180.17 KiB) Viewed 3685 times
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR not ?"initializing"?

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello Karl,

It sounds like it may be a hardware failure. You have done most of the testing I would suggest, but there are still a few things we could try. First I would like you to test an older version of our software. Sometimes it helps determine if it is a hardware or software issue. I would recommend using v5.1.3.

It can be found here: http://media.naturalpoint.com/software/ ... .Final.exe

I would also suggest going into device manager, selecting your USB hub and changing the power management settings to always on.

If these suggestions prove to be no help I would like you to create a ticket on help.naturalpoint.com and we can explore a few more options.

Best regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
karlh

Post by karlh »

Thanks. Both items were done without a change. Will start a ticket.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Hi karlh,

Thank you for submitting the ticket for me.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager