TrackIR 4 has run AMOK...

scottb613

TrackIR 4 has run AMOK...

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

I purchased my TrackIR from you guys back when 4.0 came out... I've had chronic issues with the unit from day 1 - so I got frustrated and shelved it for a few years... I thought I may have been doing something wrong so I recently looked at the setup again... I'm pretty sure sure I have a good profile and I'm using the unit with Falcon 4 BMS...

I get what I think is a good profile going and after a few minutes of use - it gets confused... I'm facing the back of the seat and the movements are extremely fast/jerky - not doing what you would expect them to do... If I attempt to "center" - that works but as soon as I move my head it flips around again on me... If I exit F4 and go back to the TrackIR software - the head doesn't behave as it should either... If I turn my head to induce yaw - it doesn't yaw but simply moves my head along the X axis... I've also noted the real head and the track IR head in the TrackIR software are way out of alignment during these confused periods... It's like all the axis are mixed up... Would anyone have any ideas on how to fix this ??? I have tried to upgrade the TrackIR Software - but the problem stayed the same - currently running 5.2... I'm using the original "Track Clip" on the hat...

I've also noticed the green LED goes out on the TrackIR every few minutes and it seems to correlate to some of the jumping...

The fix I've been using to re-orientate the Track IR is to look directly down in my lap and slowly bring my head back to the centered position... Sometimes it takes a few tries...

A little frustrated - so I'd appreciate any help you could provide...

Regards,
Scott
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR 4 has run AMOK...

Post by MikeWitham »

Hello Scott,

I see that you have submitted a ticket to our helpdesk as well. I will work with you through there and we can post our solution on here when we get the issue resolved.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager