P3d V3 Track IR notworking

Brettt

P3d V3 Track IR notworking

Post by Brettt »

Hi,

I recently upgraded to P3Dv3 and the track IR will not track. I have P3Dv2 installed and track IR works perfectly in that. I have installed the simconnect versions for ESPv1 RTM SP1 and SP2-XPACK. I have also installed the SDK for V3 as well. It is a clean install of P3D with no addons put in yet. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brett
MikeWitham

Re: P3d V3 Track IR notworking

Post by MikeWitham »

Brett,

I've only found the solutions that you have implemented already. Have you tried running both TrackIR and P3D as an administrator? Are you running any addons that may be interfering with SimConnect?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Brettt

Post by Brettt »

Thanks for you response Mike,

I have tried running both as an admin. Also it is a clean install of V3. Is it possible that it is a Win 10 issue? I had just upgraded to Win10 and everything that was using TIR in win7 is working fine. P3dv3 is the only thing I did not have installed prior to upgrading.

I just test installed an older game that hadn't been installed on the PC before (F4 Allied Force) and it worked fine
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Brett,

It could be a Windows 10 issue. I haven't seen this issue from anyone else at this time so I don't have a lot of data to go off of. Have you tried running P3D in compatibility mode for Windows 8 or 7?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Brettt

Post by Brettt »

Thanks to all who tried to help. After searching hi and low for things to "try" and trying them and going through the efforts at other forums (LM, Avsim) I just decided to do a clean install of Win 10 and reload P3dV3 and will slowly add in the add-ons. Good news is TIR worked as soon as I loaded the simconnect files after installing P3dV3. Wasn't a huge deal...though I would have liked to have figured out the "why". I primarily had just P3d on the PC and was looking at having to reload and download all the P3dv3 updates (ASN, ORBX, etc)
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Brettt,

Glad to hear that you are back up and running!

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager