TrackIR 4 Pro on Windows 10

FPascal4

TrackIR 4 Pro on Windows 10

Post by FPascal4 »

I have a TrackIR 4 Pro that I have had for several years. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 64 bit and I want to use my TrackIR 4 Pro with Space Citizen. I tried installing the latest 5.2.2 Final from the drivers page, using the 64bit driver. The driver appears to install fine, but when I reboot or plug my TrackIR 4 Pro in, it comes up in the device manger as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). I have tried plugging into a different USB port and got the same error. I verified that the driver is installed, even tried reinstalling by pointing to the actual install directory where the drivers were installed - no luck.

It's been a while since I have used this device, long enough that I have changed complete machines under it moving up to an Asus Rampage V Extream motherboard. I haven't seen it operational since I used the previous machine.

Should my TrackIR 4 Pro work with Windows 10 64bit on this motherboard? If yes, could you point me to what I can check? Are there newer drivers than the 5.2.2 Final dated waaaaaay back in 2013?
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR 4 Pro on Windows 10

Post by MikeWitham »

FPascal4,

The device should work on Windows 10 with no issues. Code 43 or "Device Descriptor Request Failed" means that the hardware can not communicate well, and that's usually due to chipset drivers. Either a bad install, or an outdated driver on the PCs side. Are all of your motherboard drivers up to date?

It could be power related. Do you have a powered USB hub that you could test the device with?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager