TrackIR 5.0 Window prompt, upon starting TrackIR 5.3

WildCatNl

TrackIR 5.0 Window prompt, upon starting TrackIR 5.3

Post by WildCatNl »

Hi Folks,

I'm plagued by an issue that I've seen before on my previous system, that I some how managed to get fixed, but I'm at a loss for I seem unable to fix it this time.
TrackIR version 5.2 was installed on a less than a month old SkyLake system, with a clean Win7 x64 installation, before I received the update for TrackIR notification and updated to 5.3. And now my issues has returned.

My issue is simple, when starting TrackIR, the latest version currently available 5.3.0
Either through a scheduled task, Manually and regardless of running it with or without elevated rights, I'll get a popup Window;

Reading "TrackIR 5.0" as Windows, "TrackIR" as body and single "OK" button.
Once it's clicked, TrackIR functions as normal.

I managed (don't know how anymore) to get rid of this confirmation box before I could use the software. I very much like to get rid of this annoying popup window again, for having the click it away is becoming an annoyance.

Things I've done,
Uninstall TrackIR
Manually remove Installation folder, driver and what not.
Reinstalled, multiple attempts, but issues remains.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (17.45 KiB) Viewed 3264 times
ZachBrockway

Re: TrackIR 5.0 Window prompt, upon starting TrackIR 5.3

Post by ZachBrockway »

Hi WildCatNl! Thanks for the report, and apologies for the confusing error message.

It looks like there are a couple of circumstances under which a message like this might be displayed. I'll ticket the unhelpful error messages for a fix in a future version of the software.

Meanwhile, my best guess is that you're seeing that popup due to a corrupt profile in your user files directory. You might check your "%APPDATA%\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Profiles\" directory to see if you can narrow down which of your profiles is causing the issue - look for a filename that doesn't have a corresponding entry in the application's profile list dropdown.

If the corrupt profile was created in a version of the software prior to 5.3.0, it may also exist in and have been copied from the installation directory (e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\Profiles\"), so you may want to check and remove it there as well.

Hope that helps,
Zach
Zach Brockway
Senior Software Engineer | NaturalPoint
WildCatNl

Re: TrackIR 5.0 Window prompt, upon starting TrackIR 5.3

Post by WildCatNl »

Thanks for the push in the right direction... This fixed my issues!!!

I've lot of profiles created, so it took me a bit of time before for I found the few profiles that was causing the grief.

However, I've isolated those profiles, but kind of like to know, if I can manually add them back in again without causing any errors, instead of figuring out how to recreate them.