TrackIR soft not responding if sleeping

l3crusader

TrackIR soft not responding if sleeping

Post by l3crusader »

Hi !

I'm experiencing something a little weird with the Track IR software, let me explain :
If I ;
- unplug my TrackIR 4,
- then make my computer go to sleep,
- then wake it up,
the trackIR software in the system tray is frozen, left/right clicking does nothing, plugging my TrackIR 4 does nothing (no green light, nothing recognized in-game). So I have to kill it in the task manager then restart it.

This is 100% repeatable.

Keeping the trackIR 4 plugged in, I do not have any problem when the computer goes in/out of sleep.

This is a bit annoying as I have it installed in a laptop moving around quite often, so putting the session to sleep and unplugging the TIR is mandatory.

Oddly enough, this behavior only happened to me after I swapped storage disk and made a full windows reinstall on my laptop. Which makes it even more annoying, but also hopeful there is a fix :p

Any advice ? Device manager options, maybe ? Thanks in advance :)

(and BTW : switching to a desktop computer, or not putting it to sleep/not unplug it is NOT possible as a workaround, so no point suggesting that, thank you ;) )
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR soft not responding if sleeping

Post by MikeWitham »

l3crusader,

Are you closing down the TrackIR software or just unplugging it before you put the computer to sleep?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
l3crusader

Post by l3crusader »

Just unplugging, but letting the TIR software run.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

l3crusader,

I've seen this issue in the past, the software doesn't always like to release the camera when it is unplugged while sending information. I'll have my dev look into it. The only thing I can think of would be to disable power management options on the USB hubs and disabling selective suspend for USB devices in the system power management advanced options.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
l3crusader

Post by l3crusader »

Yep, I already did that, unfortunately... thanks for looking into it anyway, I'll let you know if I find any workaround ;)
l3crusader

Post by l3crusader »

As a workaround you can kill & restart the TIR software with a shortcut to a .bat file.

The bat file content goes as follows :
Taskkill /IM TrackIR5.exe /F
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5"
start TrackIR5.exe
exit

You can also start other programs in your .bat file so that everything to start your sim is done in one click. Ex : a stick & throttle programmation software, or the sim itself.