Camera Not Tracking

gunslinger19

Camera Not Tracking

Post by gunslinger19 »

I've tried I think most of the troubleshooting mentioned through this forum about this or similar issues but I want to be sure before I put the thing back in the box and send it back, and probably buy a TrackIR 5 or something.

Anyway, this is [supposedly] brand new out of the box (ordered off Amazon) and I notice the little support thing is wonky, unsure if it's broken, or just loose, but I think no big deal and try it out.

So I sat it on top of my monitor and all I see is a blinking blue light, and that's all that's flashing.

With the TrackIR software, on the bottom right part of the screen, where it says "Status", the green light there is lit, which, it tells me if I hover the cursor, "The Camera is Detected and Connected." But the one immediately next to it, remains unlit, the one that's labeled "Camera Tracking Status". Which is my current situation, the camera is not tracking.

There is no indication that anything is seen by the little camera. Nothing on the display, not anything. I even did something someone recommended about pointing the TV remote at the camera while having TrackClipPro selected under "Tracking Target" to see if it got a reaction out of it but nothing.

I also did all the things like rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, and the software, with more rebooting in between. Even tried it in another PC and had the exact same result. Nothing "tracked".

On the top left corner, where it says "Device", the software DOES recognize it, says TrackIR4 #serialnumber.

American Truck Simulator Demo is the game I tried to test this on and it seemed the software did recognize the game, but, again, no tracking.

I've tried messing around with the lighting in my room as well, but the "Camera View" still shows me nothing, with a "0" under "Tracked Objects".

I appreciate if anyone actually read through all that, and would appreciate it more if anyone knew of something super obvious I'm missing, something I overlooked in my searches.
MikeWitham

Re: Camera Not Tracking

Post by MikeWitham »

gunslinger19,

Sadly I don't have any information for you that would be helpful. It sounds like you may have gotten a defective device. Please create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com so we can look into the serial number for you and see what can be done.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
creed0330

Re: Camera Not Tracking

Post by creed0330 »

same exact problem, except mine worked immediatly when i first plugged in, worked a few minutes, then quit. Now I have all the same problems you do