Track IR 4 camera has stopped working

Pharoah

Track IR 4 camera has stopped working

Post by Pharoah »

hi guys
Have had my TIR4 for many years however suddenly yesterday it stopped tracking ie. the 4 red dots (lights) are on however the green light that usually goes on when its tracking is off. when i fire up the TIR software (i also downloaded the latest 5.something) but it doesn't register ie. I don't see the 3 dots on the screen showing its picking up any reflectors.

Is there anything i can do? I'm hoping it isn't bad.
joe.lee

Re: Track IR 4 camera has stopped working

Post by joe.lee »

Hello Pharoah,

If 4 red IR LEDs are illuminating, the device is probably getting powered okay. Does this device get detected in the TrackIR software?

If it's being detected but not seeing the three green dots, it might be a problem on the imager. In that case, I would suggest contacting support@naturalpoint.com for a further assistance.

Regards,
NaturalPoint | Customer Support
Pharoah

Post by Pharoah »

Hi Joseph
thanks for responding. Yes there's 4 red lights but no green light. The device IS getting detected by the software ie. if I hit "." or whatever (to pause), it actually goes red as it should so I know its working. Its just that when I go into the software there's no tracking or reflecting or anything.

Anyway I will email support direct - thank you.
joe.lee

Post by joe.lee »

Thank you. It almost sounds like the device is not capturing any frames at all. If you get in touch with us, we can do further troubleshooting together to narrow down the issue.

Regards,
NaturalPoint | Customer Support
fredm

Post by fredm »

Hi. I'm suddenly having the same problem.

Everything was working fine last weekend using P3Dv4.2. I am using a TrackIR 4 device, all drivers and software updated. Windows 10. I get a green and orange light, but no blue. The device is definitely tracking, which I confirmed in the software (TrackIR5 version 5.4.2.27545). I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.