Page 1 of 1
TrackIR 4 crashes when I start American Truck Simulator
Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:44 pm
I have been using TrackIR 4 with ATS for several months with no problem. Windows was unable to update itself for the past several months, so I just reformatted and re-installed Windows 10. This is a new fairly clean system. I have installed TrackIR v5.4.2 and ATS (via Steam). Now, I start TrackIR and verify that it's working normally. Then, when I start ATS, TrackIR immediately crashes. I'm using the latest certified nVidia drivers. My motherboard drivers are up to date.
Any help troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.
Re: TrackIR 4 crashes when I start American Truck Simulator
Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:17 am
Thank you for reaching out here in the forum community. Are you able to successfully use Track IR with any other game titles? Last time I heard of this issue, a complete re-install using the follow steps helped. Please follow every step, and let us know if this works.
1. Unplug the TackIR from your computer.
2. Remove TrackIR from add/remove programs.
3. Remove NaturalPoint Drivers from add/remove programs.
4. Remove Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013 Redist (x86)
5. Delete installer executable from where you saved it.
6. Delete NaturalPoint folder from Program Files x86.
7. Delete NaturalPoint folder from %APPDATA% location. (APPData is a hidden folder)
8. Reboot PC.
9. Download the latest installer from our website.
-The latest download will also have our latest USB Drivers.
10. Right-click and install as an administrator.
11. Plug in TrackIR and verify the driver install.
12. Locate the Track IR 5 Icon on your desktop, Right-click and 'Run as Administrator'. (This only needs to be done the first time.)