TrackIR4 No Red LEDs

FatBabe

TrackIR4 No Red LEDs

Post by FatBabe »

Hello,
Just gone to use my very faithful TrackIR4 and it's not picking up movement from the TrackClip.
The app opens and I have a blue flashing LED, but no dim Red IR LEDs and no 'on' LED.
The app recognises the TrackIR device and when I F9 a yellow LED appears on the device.
I've tried a different USB port and reinstalling the software but it's still the same.
Any ideas?
Thanks very much
jon.campbell

Re: TrackIR4 No Red LEDs

Post by jon.campbell »

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the TrackIR forums. Let's see if your computer is first recognizing the device. With the TrackIR plugged into a powered USB port on your computer, if you open up your computer's device manager, does it show any Natural Point TrackIR devices?

Let me know how that goes and we can go from there.
Jon Campbell
Customer Support Engineer
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
FatBabe

Post by FatBabe »

Hi Jon, thanks for your prompt reply.
Yes, an entry for NaturalPoint Devices appears in my Device Manager when I plug it in and the 'TrackIR 4' device is listed.
The TrackIR software also recognises it as 'TrackIR4 #0' in the Device field.
An F9 while I'm in the app also illuminates a single bright RED LED on the top of the device.
jon.campbell

Post by jon.campbell »

Hi FatBabe,

So it sounds like your computer and software are recognizing the TrackIR hardware, which is good. On the TrackIR4 a Red light means no reflective surface is being tracked, and TrackIR Enhanced output IS paused.

What kind of clip are you using to track? Can you unpause and go into Camera view and take a screen shot of what you are seeing when your clip is in front of the camera?
Jon Campbell
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
FatBabe

Post by FatBabe »

Hi Jon,
I'm using a trackir 3 pointed hat clip and have attached a screenie from the app when using it.
There's nothing tracking because the 4 dim LED IR lights do not come on when launching the app.
Thanks
TrackIR 4.png
TrackIR 4.png (130.03 KiB) Viewed 6822 times
jon.campbell

Post by jon.campbell »

Hi FatBabe,

Because you are using a TrackIR 3, you will need to purchase our Vector License for $20 to get it to work with the latest TrackIR software.

Please send an email to support@naturalpoint.com with the subject "Looking to buy Vector license for my TrackIR" and we will get you all setup.
Jon Campbell
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
FatBabe

Post by FatBabe »

Hi Jon.
I'm using a TrackIR 4 device and hat clip. I meant it has 3 reflective 'points'.
It's been working for several years and only went wrong this week.
jon.campbell

Post by jon.campbell »

Hi FatBabe,

Unfortunately it sounds like your TrackIR 4 camera has come to the end of its life cycle if it is not able to pickup any reflective markers.
Jon Campbell
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
FatBabe

Post by FatBabe »

Oh. That's bad news. :( especially as the device appears to have power and is recognised by the OS properly. But I guess did buy it over 10 years ago.
So, any chance of a discount on a new unit as I've been a loyal customer for so long? :)
Thank you