Ordering TIR4 from GoGamer: hat included?

CSilva

Ordering TIR4 from GoGamer: hat included?

Post by CSilva »

Hi, all:

Taking the plunge to purchase a TrackIR 4 (finally!) for flightsim use (FS2004). There's a nice $30.00 off coupon available from SimHQ for ordering at gogamer.com, so I thought I'd use it.

However, I noticed that the item doesn't mention that it comes with a hat. Is the hat included only with purchases direct from Natural Point? Will it be a problem if the hat is NOT included (i.e., will there be a problem using the TIR unit?).

Any information would be most helpful. From reviewing the forum, it appears that the hat might just be a "fan" item now since Natural Point is no longer offering them with the special reflective ridges. But I just thought I'd ask to be sure.

Thanks again!!

- C.
Barred

Re: Ordering TIR4 from GoGamer: hat included?

Post by Barred »

Hi, the hat is not standard I believe. If that is the case then it is not the end of the world as the clip will fit most brims (a strong curve would stop it from clipping on).

I like and use the NP black visor as it does not get too hot wearing it indoors and I believe the price is not bad (compaired to UK prices).

What ever enjoy your TIR4 it is a fantastic bit of kit.

[ January 11, 2006, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: Barred ]
CSilva

Re: Ordering TIR4 from GoGamer: hat included?

Post by CSilva »

Barred:

Thanks for the information! I have plenty of hats that I can use then that have flat brims. I'm going to go ahead and order the unit and ready myself for hours of amazement.

Thanks again!