Much of an improvement over the 3Pro?

Barred

Re: Much of an improvement over the 3Pro?

Post by Barred »

For me the extra field of view is a god send as I move about abit. The unit is a lot smaller than the older ones, taller but so much thinner for those who do not have so much room above the monitor.

The extra smoothness of the camera speed does make a difference in tracking over TIR3. There is less judder in 6DoF games, think of upgrading your mouse from a 800dpi mouse to 1600dpi one.

The vector no longer feels like an add on to TIR. The whole thing is now fully intergrated and feels that way. It is the little things that make the TIR4 a whole as apposed to TIR+Vector.

If you are running a TFT the new clip design is a little awkward at first but works a dream. Looping the finer cable around the base off sets the wieght of it and the camera stays where you put it, I have not had to adjust the camera becasue it moved since I set it up.

I hope that helps.
tommieboy

Re: Much of an improvement over the 3Pro?

Post by tommieboy »

quote:Originally posted by Barred:
For me the extra field of view is a god send as I move about abit.....Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about upgrading to TiR4 and giving the older TiR3 to one of my friends, as he's still not convinced that this product will change his flight sim experience. I think for free, he'll give it a go.