Much of an improvement over the 3Pro?

DocLotus

Re: Much of an improvement over the 3Pro?

Post by DocLotus »

ATI offers trade-ins for their video cards; they will even accept other manufactures cards.

Almost ALL software companies offer rebates for existing customers; many will also offer the same rebate for users of ANY similar software from other vendors.

Many software companies offer an "Upgrade Version" at reduced cost for existing customers; many will also offer the same for users of ANY similar software from others vendors.

It would be VERY nice if Natural Point did the same!

The $30 rebate or discount for current customers sound like a proper amount to me based on what I’ve seen elsewhere.

In light of Natural Point’s tendency of not offering any incentives (I already have TWO hats and really don’t need a third) I see no real reason to upgrade; my TR3 with Vector is working just fine.

If there was a real incentive to upgrade I certainly would consider doing so as I’m a sucker for new technology… but not at any price.
teisco

Post by teisco »

Using video card sales as an example is not going to work because we can aquire new software (drivers) for free.

I also think that because we paid for the software we should not have to pay again.
Slapp

Post by Slapp »

I supose the moral of the story is that evolution has a price no mater which way you slice and dice it

=)
Barred

Post by Barred »

quote:Originally posted by teisco:
Using video card sales as an example is not going to work because we can aquire new software (drivers) for free.

I also think that because we paid for the software we should not have to pay again.Drivers for video cards are accompanied with your new card, you then go and update the drivers.

With TIR you get a driver disk and can go and update your drivers.

So from your argument we should either get video cards for free or at a discount or pay for TIR (hardware) upgrades

I have updated my TIR drivers a good 6 times since upgrading to my TIR3. As I use my TIR a lot the price per hour of usage is negligable over the course of a year.

:S!
Homolje37

Post by Homolje37 »

Any discounts for loyal customers? I have TIR2 and TIR3 with Vector! I already toss more then 300 USD for these toys. I believe I deserve some discount on top of other discounts that apply to first time buyers.
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Why?

Do you get a discount when you upgrade your other equipment?

Why do some people feel that NaturalPoint owes them a discount everytime they bring a new product out?

You are not forced to upgrade, v3 is and will still be supported.
Homolje37

Post by Homolje37 »

quote:Originally posted by Magic Man:
Why?Why not?

Do you get a discount when you upgrade your other equipment?I do not upgrade "other" equipment every year.

Why do some people feel that NaturalPoint owes them a discount everytime they bring a new product out?Natural point does not owe me anything! And I never said that it did. Don't put your words in my mouth!

You are not forced to upgrade, v3 is and will still be supported.Of course that I am not forced to upgrade. However, I have already bought TIR2 and then TIR3 with Vector. I am part of Natural Point success because I was one of those who was very happy with the product and I expressed that feeling on every aviation forum (mostly Lock On) I participated.

So I have already tossed 300 US dollars in Natural Point products and am prepairing to put some more, IF I find it "necessary" AND is economicaly viable.

Natural Point could show some respect and get some kind of a discout to us, the customers who bought more then one of their products in such a (relatively) short period of time.
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

quote:Originally posted by Homolje:
Why?
Why not?

Do you get a discount when you upgrade your other equipment?
quote:
I do not upgrade "other" equipment every year.
The fequency of when you choose to upgrade is irrelevant, the same principle applies.

Why do some people feel that NaturalPoint owes them a discount everytime they bring a new product out?
quote:Natural point does not owe me anything! And I never said that it did. Don't put your words in my mouth!
You specifically requested a discount because you felt that as a previous customer you were entitled to it.

You are not forced to upgrade, v3 is and will still be supported.
quote:Of course that I am not forced to upgrade. However, I have already bought TIR2 and then TIR3 with Vector. I am part of Natural Point success because I was one of those who was very happy with the product and I expressed that feeling on every aviation forum (mostly Lock On) I participated.

So I have already tossed 300 US dollars in Natural Point products and am prepairing to put some more, IF I find it "necessary" AND is economicaly viable.

Natural Point could show some respect and get some kind of a discout to us, the customers who bought more then one of their products in such a (relatively) short period of time.[/QB]
Again, you speak as if you feel it is your right as a previous customer to get a discount.

When you upgrade your CPU, graphics card or anything else, do you expect a discount?

As for NaturalPoint showing respect, the mere implication sounds like it is someone else who should be doing that.

Well over a year is nowhere near a "relatively short period of time" - certainly not so in the world of electronics or PC development - ask those who get the latest graphics cards, that's three generations!

I, like you, have had all previous versions. I am now looking forward to the delivery of my v4 after having sold my v3pro and vector.
oqvist

Post by oqvist »

The way I see it TrackIR 4 is not at all geared towards existing TrackIR owners as previous efforts has been. That�s because TrackIR 3 PRO/vector is so good already there is little lagg and precise tracking there is little need for me to get TrackIR 4. However as well as nVidia and ATI has to pump new products out every half a year or so to make us buy more products of course NP has to do the same .

There is noone that forces you to buy anything. There is surely improvements here and there but if you are happy with what you got keep it. I haven�t read anything about NP skipping support for TrackIR 3 and vector or anything .

If I hadn�t got TrackIR 3 I wouldn�t hesitate getting TrackIR 4 though but I am quite happy with what I got
tommieboy

Post by tommieboy »

quote:Originally posted by mmed:
I guess the biggest difference from TiR3 with vector is wider field of view. Since I don't have a problem with that I'll wait for more feedback from the people who will upgrade before I consider doing so myself.Still waiting for more feedback as I have the TiR3....

Is it better than the TiR3?????

AlphaSim's B-1B hauling butt off of Molokai using the TiR3 with the Vector Expansion Kit....

[ December 31, 2005, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: tommieboy ]