Translation Issue

Jim

Re: Translation Issue

Post by Jim »

This will be a software update if it can be done at all. We plan to support the TIR 3 and 4 for a long time.
Eilif

Re: Translation Issue

Post by Eilif »

I think if im reading this correctly this problem was addresed in aces high, there is the option to have the lean relative to your sholders (track ir default)or to your head. (dale's modificiation)

to explain

The default way track ir works is relative to shoulders, to check your 6 and look around the right side of your seat you first move your torso right, then pan your view around to feel natural.

The way Dale made it, is its relative to your head, if you want to look around your seat you turn your head, and move your shoulders in the oposite direction, but it seems right to your head since visualy your moving your head around the seat.

This is more of a conseptual space orientation issue than math from what i can tell.

What i would like is too have is an option, either relative to head or relative to shoulders movement option.

just ask if this needs further clarification, may reqire me to draw a picture, the main reason i like the relative to head option is that it fixes the problem of going outside your track ir range when checking your 6.

[ November 27, 2005, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Eilif ]