New TrackIR 4 Users *READ*

ny_chief

Re: New TrackIR 4 Users *READ*

Post by ny_chief »

Vincent
No it does not come on orange light on top does, cycles to reddish when i hit f9. Does not recognize fsx as enhanced. It may be a software issue unsure why, but will try shutting down Norton to see if it helps
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

OK, one step to try�.

1 - Delete the following file folder

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9

2 - Insert the FSX CD, and run the repair utility. Basically we are looking to reinstall the folder.

3 - Hopefully this should remedy the issue.

Also.......

Many new Flight Simulator add-on products connect to Flight Simulator X (FSX) via the new SimConnect Application Programming Interface (API). When you run FSX with an add-on installed, some non-Microsoft firewall and antivirus applications (such as ZoneAlarm) may detect that FSX is attempting to make a network connection and display a dialog asking you to allow or block this connection.

This �network connection� is necessary for the add-on to connect with FSX. It�s a local connection between the add-on and FSX (via a network localhost/127.0.0.1 connection), and does not involve a connection to the Internet. Be assured: FSX is not trying to send personal data about you through the Internet.

Note that Microsoft Windows Firewall will not exhibit this behavior. It will, however, alert you if an add-on is actually trying to access the Internet.

In order for your FSX add-on to work properly with FSX you MUST allow this connection to be made. If you do not allow the connection to be made, the add-on you are trying to run (and all subsequent add-ons that connect to FSX through the SimConnect API) will not work properly.

Some non-Microsoft firewall and antivirus applications will block this "localhost" connection between an add-on and FSX automatically, without any notification. In this case, you must configure the firewall or antivirus application to include both FSX and the add-on (specifically, the fsx.exe file and the add-on's .exe file, if it has one) in the list of �trusted exceptions.� If this is not done, the add-on will not work properly with FSX. Please refer to the documentation for your specific firewall or antivirus application for details on how to add programs to the list of trusted exceptions.
ny_chief

Post by ny_chief »

Vince
You are a patient man thx, tried deleting the file and letting sp1 reinstall it no good, gonna try letting fsx disc reinstall it next. I hope I don't have to do a complete uninstall/ reinstall of fsx again.

OK, one step to try�.

1 - Delete the following file folder

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_x-ww_429211e9

2 - Insert the FSX CD, and run the repair utility. Basically we are looking to reinstall the folder.

3 - Hopefully this should remedy the issue.

Also.......

Many new Flight Simulator add-on products connect to Flight Simulator X (FSX) via the new SimConnect Application Programming Interface (API). When you run FSX with an add-on installed, some non-Microsoft firewall and antivirus applications (such as ZoneAlarm) may detect that FSX is attempting to make a network connection and display a dialog asking you to allow or block this connection.

This �network connection� is necessary for the add-on to connect with FSX. It�s a local connection between the add-on and FSX (via a network localhost/127.0.0.1 connection), and does not involve a connection to the Internet. Be assured: FSX is not trying to send personal data about you through the Internet.

Note that Microsoft Windows Firewall will not exhibit this behavior. It will, however, alert you if an add-on is actually trying to access the Internet.

In order for your FSX add-on to work properly with FSX you MUST allow this connection to be made. If you do not allow the connection to be made, the add-on you are trying to run (and all subsequent add-ons that connect to FSX through the SimConnect API) will not work properly.

Some non-Microsoft firewall and antivirus applications will block this "localhost" connection between an add-on and FSX automatically, without any notification. In this case, you must configure the firewall or antivirus application to include both FSX and the add-on (specifically, the fsx.exe file and the add-on's .exe file, if it has one) in the list of �trusted exceptions.� If this is not done, the add-on will not work properly with FSX. Please refer to the documentation for your specific firewall or antivirus application for details on how to add programs to the list of trusted exceptions.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

No issues.....
kariotis

Post by kariotis »

track ir 4 pro doesn't working with fs2004
i instal it it worked for a week and then nothing, its still working with other games
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Make sure you have the standard language.dll installed with FS2004. Some custom versions of the DLL remove strings required by TrackIR.

Ensure that the notification messages in FS2004 are turned on. The notifications appear in the upper right corner in red when switching to the virtual cockpit. The setting is found in your fs9.cfg file located by default in:

c:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9
[Main]
HideInfoText=0

Any changes made to the system?

Installed any new add-on software for FS2004?
GT182

Post by GT182 »

Vincent, I uninstalled my IR4 Pro sa I couldn't get it to work with FSX. I haven't run the "Repair" yet. When I try to install the original software that came with the IR4, or the TrackIR_4.1.034.Final, I get theis message popup..... Error Installing iKernel exe Files accessed. I click on ok and the install stops.

I also pulled the backups out of C/ProgramFiles/NaturalPoint, then deleted the Natural Point folder.

I think I've screwed the pooch somehow. What's the fix for this screwup?

Thanks.
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Well, that is something I haven't seen before

What version of Windows are you using?

Have you tried downloading, and installing with the beta version of the software?

https://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06 ... nuals.html
GT182

Post by GT182 »

I'm still using XP Home Vincent.

And no, I haven't tried any of the Beta software. Do you think that might fix things?

And I just found that I've missed place my serial and registration #s for my IR4 Pro. We moved into a new house this past year and not everything is unpacked yet for my computer. Will they be needed for a reinstall and getting the vectoring software going again?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

The Vector software is built into the hardware itself, there is no seperate card.

Please give the beta software a try