New TrackIR 4 Users *READ*

GT182

Re: New TrackIR 4 Users *READ*

Post by GT182 »

OK will do.
GT182

Post by GT182 »

I installed the TrackIR_4.1.035.beta.01 and it went in ok. I'll see what happens and let you know.

Thanks Vincent.
DoubleBounce

Post by DoubleBounce »

Your answer tells the rest of us nothing Vincent.
What thread?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

You are refering to info that is over a year old.
Sentry11

Post by Sentry11 »

Hello Vincent,

I hope you can help me with some problems I am getting at with my newly purchased TrackIR 4 Pro unit.

I bought this toy primarily for my favourite games Strike Fighter Project 1/Wings Over Vietnam and Wings Over Europe.

The unit is not stable when playing. I want to know do I need to calibrate the unit before playing or I just select the profile for Wings Over... and check the box next to it to activate the profile?

Also, on the hardware setup side, I am using a small USB hubs with 4 ports. Should I use a USB extention cable only and avoid using a USB hub.

The symptoms are I cannot pitch up with the unit ingame. Also initially I assume the purpose of TrackIR is to enlarge our head movement so that just a little movement to the left for instance, will result in a left pan command of the game. But what I am getting now is not so. It does pan to the left but it's sort of retarted response. And sometimes, while I was still left on my left, the view snaped back to the centred view and I checked the green LED off at that instant.

What are these problems and how do I solve them?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Sounds like the IR tracking dots are being lost, within the software.

Try looking at view -> tracking. You should see only 3 green, and nothing else.

Have the camera centered on the monitor, and the tracking dots in the middle of the tracking screen.

By default you do not have any extra check box selected for it to work within the TrackIR software. Just start the TrackIR software, then the gaming application.

You should be ok, with an extension cable, as long at the total length is no longer than 5 meters (approx. 16 feet)

To recenter the view, the default hot key is F12.
Ray2310

Post by Ray2310 »

Hey there guys i just recieved my trackIR today i am planing to use it with FSX. but i installed the CD and eveything when i plug my TrackIR in via the trackclip and i select the trackclip PRO in the profile the green light does not come on even with the vector that i put on my hat it doesnt come up please could someone help me will really appreciete it..

Cheers

Ray
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

If you are using the vector/metal clip, then you need to have the profiles set to vector, not TrackClip Pro.
connos

Post by connos »

Hello Vincent

Everything is working fine for me and in the game it faction as it should but if i try to completely close the TrackIR program it says not responding and i have to end it manually from task manager.I am using Windows Vista 64bit and i run the TrackIR software as admin. The TrackIR needs usb2 port?
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

Are you connected directly to the PC, or using a hub?