New TrackIR 4 Users *READ*

kwikgt

Re: New TrackIR 4 Users *READ*

Post by kwikgt »

I get a message from my hardware divice mgr that says driver needs digital signature. I read faq. and found some info about a signature button on my systems/hardware that controls that function but I can't find it. I am new to windows 7 and it is giving me problems with almost everyting I try to install. might be going to 64 bit is not compatable with some software/hardware. I get trackerIR 4 to open but can't get the profile/edit part to work and the riciever on top of my monitor dosen't light up but only flashes blue light once in a while. Arrrrg!!!
Wiley

Post by Wiley »

I have this same problem moving from Windows Vista to my new computer with Win 7. ANYBODY out there who can help with an answer??
Wiley

Post by Wiley »

[quote=jaguar]I get a message from my hardware divice mgr that says driver needs digital signature. I read faq. and found some info about a signature button on my systems/hardware that controls that function but I can't find it. I am new to windows 7 and it is giving me problems with almost everyting I try to install. might be going to 64 bit is not compatable with some software/hardware. I get trackerIR 4 to open but can't get the profile/edit part to work and the riciever on top of my monitor dosen't light up but only flashes blue light once in a while. Arrrrg!!! [/quote]
jolsonsalem

Post by jolsonsalem »

Which version of the TrackIR software are you using?
Wiley

Post by Wiley »

Disregard. I downloaded latest version/drivers and TIR4 now works.
Gards1240

Post by Gards1240 »

I double click to open interface....camera fires up and works fine.....however i cannot view the app interface? if I try to open it again it says another instance of trackir is running? what do i do?
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello Gards1240,

When the "another instance is running" error message appears, it indicates that TrackIR running in the background.

By default, TrackIR gets minimized into the system tray to save processing resources when connecting to a client game and the TrackIR software might be dwelling in the system tray after getting minimized. Please check the system tray is located next to the notification center on the taskbar. To open, you must click on the arrow to show hidden icons. Right-click on the TrackIR icon in the taskbar tray and select "Minimize/Maximize to tray."

If you wish to change this behavior, you can configure the setting in TrackIR software. On the top-right corner, there is a wrench symbol which you can click to open TrackIR Application Options. Under here, you can uncheck "Minimize To System Tray," "Automatically Minimize On TrackIR Enhanced Title Launch," and "Run Minimized" as needed.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative