Distance how close?

Barred

Re: Distance how close?

Post by Barred »

I have mine at 36" and the tracking is accurate and smooth. I have tried 40" for you and it works but it is on the extreem limit of the reflector. Looking up and down can become glitchy because the bottom reflectors get higher than the top or the top edges rotate down to far tobe picked up but the camera. Though once all three are back in their correct configuration then there is a jump and then TIR4 starts tracking as before.

Does version 4 work with LCD monitors?
Yes it does. The whole of the new base rotates and then rolls over so that there is like a 3 proged base that grips over the top of the monitor with out harming either base or monitor.

As for the 30day money back, from my past dealings with NP. If they (NP) have said it then I would believe them as they have not said one thing then done another.

[ November 25, 2005, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Barred ]
jzlako2001@comcast.net

Distance how close?

Post by jzlako2001@comcast.net »

I'm thinking of purchasing version 4. I was wondering how close I have to be to the IR unit. Currently, I'm sitting about 40 inches away. Is this close enough for the receiver to pick up dot? Does version 4 work with LCD monitors? Is the return policy 30 days no questions asked?

Thank you, Joseph
Jinker

Re: Distance how close?

Post by Jinker »

Here is a link to the manual. It shows how the legs of the unit rotate and can be adjusted there in the mnaual. i suggest reading the whole thing. It has lots of helpful info.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/06- ... index.html