Mouse emulation

Markoz

Mouse emulation

Post by Markoz »

OK..here I go again. I'm stuck

I'm trying to use the TIR mouse emulation in a game that has mouse look in it (Call of Duty 2), but nothing is happening. Am I supposed to have a key assigned to "mouse look" or not. I have the "M" key assigned to it and pressing/pressing and holding seem to have no effect. I also removed the assigned key (unbound) and still no mouse emulation. Am I doing something wrong here? If yes, what?
Barred

Re: Mouse emulation

Post by Barred »

Have you tried TIRMouse which is in your Naturalpoint/TIR4 directory?

TBH I have not gotten round to trying the TIRMouse yet.

Good Luck
Markoz

Post by Markoz »

Thank you again Barred.

I'll go into more detail.

Here's how I have tried to do it.

First I run TrackIR.exe, followed by the TIRMouse.exe (that's what the manual says to do).
I get the mouse pointer going all over the descktop when I move my head once that is done, so I know that it works. Still not working in the game though.

I have also tried to do the "exclusive load" with the default profile as that is the profile set to Mouse Emulation in the "Assign profiles to titles" window box in TrackIR.exe. It still doesn't seem to work.

My reason for getting this to work is because I lost my left arm in an accident and I can see benefits with being able to allow my head to look with the mouse, thus, leaving my one hand free to control other important aspects of the game.

TrackIR has an enormouse difference with flight sim 9 and Live For Speed. I can't believe I lived without it for so long. <-- NaturalPoint deserves high praise for such a great product!

[ November 29, 2005, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: Markoz ]
rodom

Post by rodom »

I'll load up CoD2 and test this myself and let you know the results.
Barred

Post by Barred »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Rick:
I'll load up CoD2 and test this myself and let you know the results.Same here, I will race you Rick

Markoz I have health problems as well and you are correct TIR makes such a difference. I have tried TIR1 in FPS and general movement was fine but aiming was a literal pain in the neck (that is with the old software with mouse emulation built in.)

I will continue to amend this as I go.

Sorry Mark I have tried a few things and sofar as soon as COD2 loads up the pointer is no longer accessable to the TIRMouse. I will still continue to try.

[ November 30, 2005, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: Barred ]
bob7288

Post by bob7288 »

Has anyone found a solution for this issue?

I'm curious as I have tried using mouse emulation also but no go.

TIR4 user
Markoz

Post by Markoz »

I found that when I start up CoD2, mouse emulation works for about half a blink of an eye. After that. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Still a no go for me.