Trapping and no center hold?

IV/JG51_Swine

Trapping and no center hold?

Post by IV/JG51_Swine »

I just got the TIR 4 in and I am not able to hold my center view by pressing and holding the center button down like I could with my TIR2. I was able to just release it and start movement automatically. I'm sure it's something I am doing wrong:)

1. Can I still do that with TIR2?

2. What is trapping, does it have something to do with this issue?

Thanks....BTW TIR 4 is big improvement over TIR 2 in my book.

[ December 02, 2005, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: IV/JG51_Swine ]
IV/JG51_Swine

Re: Trapping and no center hold?

Post by IV/JG51_Swine »

Anybody know what trap is???
Birch

Post by Birch »

Answers..

1. The center hotkey now just recenters when it is pressed and does hold the center during the entire time the key is down. The behavior has changed since the TrackIR 3 software.

2. The "Trap" feature allows you to determine whether the assigned hotkey is passed through to other applications or whether it is blocked when the TrackIR processes the hotkey press.

(you can read more in section 5.3.4.3 (Changing Hotkeys) of the TrackIR users manual)
IV/JG51_Swine

Post by IV/JG51_Swine »

quote:1. The center hotkey now just recenters when it is pressed and does hold the center during the entire time the key is down. The behavior has changed since the TrackIR 3 software.That is a shame, I used the hold down center all of the time. I've used it for three years now. This is bad news. Being able to hold the center down allows you to re-center your head. Now when you hit center and adjust your head to the center during the adjustment you will change your field of view as your head turns towards the center. BUMMMER BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!

[ December 02, 2005, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: IV/JG51_Swine ]
Magic Man

Post by Magic Man »

Why can't you just centre your head then press the button? i.e. just hover your finger over the button then press when ready or keep your finger on it and keep re-centering until you are happy.

Can't really see why this is such a big difference...?
Birch

Post by Birch »

quote:Originally posted by IV/JG51_Swine:
[QUOTE] Now when you hit center and adjust your head to the center during the adjustment you will change your field of view as your head turns towards the center. I recommend pressing center after you have finished turning your head to the desired location

[ December 02, 2005, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Birch Zimmer ]
IV/JG51_Swine

Post by IV/JG51_Swine »

Oh that is a great response there Birch, and you are an administrator??? I thought you guys were supposed to find answers to problems not give smart a.. remarks...

Magicman, it is just works out better if you can maintain your center view while you turn your head instead of guessing and continuing to push the center button. My view, but then again I have purchased over $600.00 worth of TIR equipment so that should count for something.

And yes Birch Zimmer, that is an obvious way to handle it Mr. Einstein.

Edit, I spelled your name incorrectly Birch,

[ December 02, 2005, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: IV/JG51_Swine ]
Fish

Post by Fish »

Natural Point
I recommend pressing center after you have finished turning your head to the desired location
I have managed to 'untrap' the pause action, but now it works by releasing the pause, when i hold the button down. Can it be made to work the otherway?

ArmA would benefit greatly, User has to 'hold' the zoom key for zooming, and then head goes all over the place due to increased sensitivity. Ive tried 'untrapping' the precision mode to the zoom key, but its too slow. What is needed is to stop track ir, when the the users eye is on the eyepiece, and finger on the zoom button, then unpause tir when his finger is lifted from the buttion.

(there's lots of discussion on this on the BI forums)
VincentG

Post by VincentG »

I will run it by the development team...........