Lagging!!

wayne1

Lagging!!

Post by wayne1 »

Hi all. Just got a TIR4PRO today have been waiting patiently for it and am delighted to finally have it, but alas for some reason it�s not working correctly. I have the original TIR1 also have been using that since it came out and it works fine, I mainly use it in FS2004. But now that I have the TIR4PRO for some reason it�s very laggy.

For instance when I turn my head the virtual head turns a second later, or if I turn my head reasonably fast to 180 degrees the virtual head turns eventually, gradually, step by step till it finally reaches where I�m really looking. The TIR1 did not give this trouble at all; it turned just as I did, this happens in all axis�s, and even in the set-up screen. I first thought it might be the game but as it happens everywhere perhaps not, also I do believe I have all that is required to run the TIR4PRO, as I am able it achieve 70-100 fps in flightsim. So I don�t believe its my pc in general.

Forgive me if indeed this issue as already been addressed, but alas I can not find it here on the forums, I would be very thankful if someone could either help or direct me to the relevant post.
Barred

Re: Lagging!!

Post by Barred »

Hi, I would unplug your camera and uninstall with add/remove programs. Once that is done go and remove the directory including any old profiles (profiles are scripted differently with the newer drivers.) Once all that is done I would even open regedit (from start/run) and remove the HKEY_LOCAL_MACIENE/software and delete the Natural Point folder. Once all that is done turn off your PC for 30 seconds or so.

Are you by any chance using any old profiles that were used in the 3.xxx drivers as it is not recomended to use old 3.xx drivers with TIR4.

Have a look at these threads they might help:-
http://forums.naturalpoint.com/cgi-bin/ ... #000002see

http://forums.naturalpoint.com/cgi-bin/ ... 2;t=000114

If you are an advanced PC user sorry for simplifying the instructions.
Good Luck
:S!

[ December 01, 2005, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Barred ]
wayne1

Post by wayne1 »

Thanks very much for the very prompt reply. I really appreciate it, I have tried what you suggested and I looked at those posts but unfortunately to no avail. I do not believe it�s a profile issue for I don�t really use them, and besides I checked the registry and anything relating to trackIR appears to be removed from my system.

When I purchased this pc I was informed it had USB 2.0. But when I plugged in the TIR4PRO, it told me that I had not got them stating that this device would work faster with USB 2.0, so thinking I was miss informed when I purchased my pc I bought a PCI card yesterday with a number of USB 2.0 ports. But it made no difference, granted it no longer tells me that I need to plug the TIR in to a faster port, but it still lags severely, I looked at the demo videos of TIRs working on the Naturalpoint website for comparison, and my unit is no way near as smooth as it is meant to be.

Just to be safe I checked task manager to see if my resources were being hogged by something, if they were perhaps that would slow the TIR down, but it�s not the case either.

I have to say this is very frustrating, and I am at a loss of what to do next, have you any other suggestions?

I have just noticed that if I take of the vector clip and use just my hat with a dot, it�s even slower at responding. Iam not sure if that means anything different I just thought I would mention it.

[ December 01, 2005, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: wayne1 ]
Barred

Post by Barred »

Wayne, sorry those did not work out for you.

From what you have said it might be that your USB drivers did not update properly when you installed a Service Pack. Have a look here it might help http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=873169

Good Luck

Alex
Jim

Post by Jim »

I believe I remember hearing about the permenate lag problem before, but I don't remember how the issue was resolved exactly. I don't think that it is a hardware problem at this point, I think it is a software one, or some sort of USB driver. Please call Rick and work this out.
wayne1

Post by wayne1 »

Thank you one again Alex for responding, and indeed thank you Jim, perhaps you could tell me how I might get in contact with Rick?

Please ignore this post, I have just discovered how to contact him, I sent him a private message, you will have to forgive me I am somewhat of a newbie.

[ December 02, 2005, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: wayne1 ]
Sniper121

Post by Sniper121 »

It's Saturday and I just tried to reach tech support by phone, but didn't get an answer. I've experienced the same thing, lagging and the pitch axis looks up just fine (without being inverted) but when I want to look down at one of the cockpit panels in LOMAC FC, it isn't happening. Before I bought TIR4PRO, I was using the TIR3PRO w/VE and it ran great, I'm just one of those who had the money and wanted to latest product available. I did a software uninstall, removing all previous profiles etc, then rebooted and installed TIR4 without a hitch. In LOMAC FC, latest patches, I've seen the lag I don't expect. Natural Point Support is phenomenal and I know this will get solved, I just hope I can get the assist this weekend. Thanks in advance.

I uninstalled it again/reinstalled it. Used Default Profile and was satisfied temporarily in LOMAC FC, then Green light went out within the game.

Exited LOMAC and went to desktop to see Head View stuck in position. By the way, yes, I edited hotkeys so they wouldn't conflict with LOMAC key commands.

Right now, the TIR light is a dim Red with intermittent flashing Green light about every 5 seconds. This is weird and unexpected.

[ December 03, 2005, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Sniper121 ]
Sniper121

Post by Sniper121 »

Problem solved. I tried the final release of the latest patch, from the NP website, not the one on the installation CD and haven't had any further problems.
rodom

Post by rodom »

Spoke with Wayne on the phone. Interesting issue indeed.