Blue flashing on TIR4

blazer26

Blue flashing on TIR4

Post by blazer26 »

I have a problem, the blue light is flashing on TIR4 and the software I run said device is not detected. I installed the software first then plug the hardware in usb port it was fine yesterday while playing Microsoft flight simulator 2004. Today it does not work the red light is on but no flashing green light to indicate the device is on standby mode but is is not, the blue light is flashing. I looked at the troubleshoot section, there is not one item mentioned the flashing blue light.
I need to know what is wrong with it?

[ November 30, 2005, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: blazer26 ]
Markoz

Re: Blue flashing on TIR4

Post by Markoz »

Mine did something similar to that today.
I just went to "Start/Settings/Control Panel/System", selected the "device manager" tab, found the USB device with the yellow question mark on it, right clicked it and chose update driver, let it search for the driver (Recommended), to fix it.
Mine is working ok now.

I'm using Window XP Pro SP2.

Hope that helps.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Hi guys, out of interest are you using the latest driver off the NP site or the one on the cd?

I had that happen with the driver on the CD, but the one on the main site I have not had troubles with.

Oh and with the one of the site my low power mode I have the dim red Led and the blue one flashing.

[ December 01, 2005, 02:12 AM: Message edited by: Barred ]
blazer26

Post by blazer26 »

hi,
I have installed the latest drivers off the NP site and what do u meant one of ur site on low power mode with red led dim and blue flashing. I checked the device manager to check the UBS there is no yellow with question marks, the device is working. My TIR4 is the red led I am not sure is dim or not and the blue led is flashing. Still flashing blue led.
Blazer26
Barred

Post by Barred »

Sorry Blazer I ment since installing the driver of the NP site.

I have a flashing Blue as well with no problems in actual function of the TIR4. I think that maybe NP changed the flashing led from the Green to the Blue with the posted driver on the site.

Sorry for the mixup.
:S!
rodom

Post by rodom »

Status Lights:

Off : NO reflective surface is being tracked, and TrackIR Enhanced output is NOT paused.

Green : A reflective surface IS being tracked, and TrackIR Enhanced output is NOT paused.

Orange : A reflective surface IS being tracked, and TrackIR Enhanced output IS paused.

Red : NO reflective surface is being tracked, and TrackIR Enhanced output IS paused.

Flashing Blue : Standby mode. Software has either not been run, or is not able to detect and configure the TrackIR camera.

Flashing Green : Standby mode. Software has been run and has configured the TrackIR Camera.

(edit by birch - 2005, december 1 - clarification of standby states)

[ December 01, 2005, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: NaturalPoint - Birch Zimmer ]
Scendore

Post by Scendore »

Well what is strange is my is still flashing blue even though it's been installed and configured. I have to run the software to get it to flash green.

Either way it's working just fine.

Scendore
rodom

Post by rodom »

Flashing blue as stated above also means that it does not detect the software running.
blazer26

Post by blazer26 »

Hi,
all attempts to get the TIR4 working again failed, when I run the software it took long time to start up. When I disconnect the TIR4 and run the software it load up fast. now there has be some communication problem between TIR4 USB and the TrackIR software.
The very first time I installed the TIR 4 software and hardware and Track IR software loaded up fine TIR4 works ok did work on Flight Sim 2004 ok the next day works fine then all of a sudden it stopped working the blue flashing with red I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software before pluggin the TIR4. It still not detect the device. I have been checking hardware device manager and the TrackIR is working, USB is working. I have tried pluging different USB ports, have 6 USB ports 4 on back 2 on front all on computer, no USB hubs. I have two other device plug in USB ports, one is Microsoft Sidewinder joystick, and the other is Raildriver controller, both working fine. I have run antivirus software to check for virus did clean it out checked spyware clean. so it is got to be comunication problems between TIR4 and the Track IR software, it is still the latest drivers.

[ December 01, 2005, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: blazer26 ]
Barred

Post by Barred »

Blazer, it might be worth while re-installing your USB drivers because sometimes the USB drivers revert back to earlier ones when Service Packs (especially SP2). This http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=873169 will explain how to make sure the USB drivers are updated.

Good Luck.