Tracking stops after 5 minutes

Roger Vick

Tracking stops after 5 minutes

Post by Roger Vick »

My new TrackIR Pro #41249 works very nicely, but after five minutes the green light turns off and the status: goes from tracking to No Data. Have not reactavated Active Camera on my new computer and have not been able to find "messagekill". After I turn my computer off for a while and start over it will track again.
Sgt.Baker

Re: Tracking stops after 5 minutes

Post by Sgt.Baker »

Had the same problem this morning and found the solution in another posting:
- DON'T plug the TrackIR into a USB Hub!

I had uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but still had same issue. But once I plugged directly into one of my free USB ports on the back of my system, it hasn't stopped once.

Good times!

- Tom
Barred

Post by Barred »

Sgt.Baker is right it is never a good idea to use high data devices in a HUB powered or not. It is not a matter of power but exceeding the data bandwidth of the USB Port.

@Sgt.Baker, sorry it took so long to get an answer too you but it looks as if you solved your problem.
Sgt.Baker

Post by Sgt.Baker »

Hey, no problem. As mentioned in my other post, all is well and everything�s up and running.

I still need to attack the settings page, using the graphs, as it seems that my head movement causes too much screen movement (i.e. try not to look down at the keyboard for ANYTHING!) It's all about the focus, and keeping your head still, except for small movements for the actual game itself.

I'm enjoying it immensely thus far.

Thanks,

- Tom