eye strain?

mpiluso

eye strain?

Post by mpiluso »

I got TrackIR 4 for christmas (yay!) and it's a wonderful product. I'm using the TrackIR 4 with FS 2004, but for some reason my eyes are straining (eyes feel tired; get bloodshot a bit...). I wear glasses for reading and using the computer, but I'm thinking it's because of the aircraft I'm using. It's the default Cessna, which kinda has terrible graphics in VC mode. Anybody else have a problem? Suggestions?

Thanks.
Flyer

Re: eye strain?

Post by Flyer »

I noticed I had a small amount of eye straing from having the TIR not set sensitive enough. I would have to move my head too much to get the desired view, and this caused me to look out of the corners of my eyes. This obviously strains the eye muscles some.

I just tweaked the response curves some, now the most I have to move my head is about to the sides of the monitor to look all the way back. It took some getting used to, but you get used to it after a bit.

I've read about some neck strain that gos away after you get used to it, but it's just because you are holding your head still. They say that goes away also.

I really like my TIR4 Pro. I got it for Christmas, and it's soooooo much better than using a hat swtich and looking around with your thumb.
mpiluso

Post by mpiluso »

Thanks for the tips, Flyer. I'm going to try and tweak some of the settings.
Barred

Post by Barred »

HI if you do not want to try editing curves just yet, you could down load the ver 4 profiles from http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/04- ... files.html they will work with TIR4.

Most people find that having the profile set so that they move their heads <30deg from the centre the most comfortable.

To avoid so much neck strain try and relax, because it is natural to over stress your neck because you are conciously holding your neck still this makes the muscles strain against each other. Try bending your arm and whilst keeping it bent try and straighten it at the same time as this is the same as what is happening in your neck at first.

Having 30-36" between the camera and the reflector clip helps with tracking and initial setup difficulties.

Welcom to the world of TIR and enjoy.
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Barred,
Thankyou for the reply. IDK if it was addressed to me or the OP, but it is helpful to me.

I am trying to relax, but I keep catching myself "bearing down". I feel like i'm doing the "G manuever" . LOL

TIR4 Pro is fun! It's is sooo neat, and is sooo realistic. I love it!
Barred

Post by Barred »

Flyer, yeah I know what you mean about moving about as if you were pulling G's ect with the TIR running.

I love this product and have done since version 1, but since the vector was released TIR has been in a league of it's own. The extra speed and FoV of the camera adds to the 'countering g's'. Even though I do not 'fly' as much these days TIR4 and GTL are a match made in heaven.

I had problems (neck strain ect) when I first got mine and there was a lot smaller user base and I had some help from here and NP so my 'living in here' is my way of saying thanks to NP and all users (sad I know )

:S!
Alex