FS Dev taking the TrackIR plunge!

owenhewitt

FS Dev taking the TrackIR plunge!

Post by owenhewitt »

Hi all,

As a flightsim developer, I'm looking forward to using the TrackIR 4 as a dev tool for inspecting work done within the virtual cockpit. Oh, and you bet I'll be doing a lot of flying when I need a dev break!

Best regards,

Owen
dpc111

Re: FS Dev taking the TrackIR plunge!

Post by dpc111 »

quote:Originally posted by Owen Hewitt:
Hi all,

As a flightsim developer, I'm looking forward to using the TrackIR 4 as a dev tool for inspecting work done within the virtual cockpit. Oh, and you bet I'll be doing a lot of flying when I need a dev break!

Best regards,

OwenOwen, As a devoted customer of Dreamfleet this comes as really great news. Especially since I am currently awaiting the arrival of my new TrackIR 4. Can't wait to see the first release tested using TrackIR.

Dave.
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

I have TIR4 Pro, and you are going to love it! It is soooo smooth, and fluid when you look around. It's almost hypnotic at times!

I fly flight sims, and have flown MSFS 98, 2000, and 2004, and am currently flying F4:AF most of my free time, and it is so real that you almost forget your on the computer.

I have banged a few landings in, and man the adrenaline hits you when you do that. I cannot describe in words how realistic it feels flying and looking around verses using your thumb on a hat switch.

How we could fly like that is beyond me. I have flown a few dogfights, and it's no wonder I was getting shot down so many times. I couldn't see the enemy! You can't shoot what you can't see. Radar is good, but it doesn't do you any good in a dogfight.

I can actually look around to see the runway I'm turning toward, instead of clicking through those awful "ratchety" views.

The fluid movement is soooo much better, and really adds to SA. Using it as a developing tool will make life alot easier, but flying with it is a pure joy! I cannot say enough god things about this product. It is truly remarkable.
owenhewitt

Post by owenhewitt »

quote:Originally posted by dpc111:
Owen, As a devoted customer of Dreamfleet this comes as really great news. Especially since I am currently awaiting the arrival of my new TrackIR 4. Can't wait to see the first release tested using TrackIR.

Dave.Hi Dave,

Boy, I sure hope your TrackIR has arrived!! I got mine in yesterday - I'm floored at it's performance! Excellent tool for my development needs for sure!

Naturalpoint - bravo!

Best regards,

Owen

[ December 30, 2005, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Owen Hewitt ]
g7usl

Post by g7usl »

I have TrackIR4 and can't stop using and praising it.

It has revolutionised 'FS9'.

It was watching some video's made available by 'Jeff Greth' that sold me on it!

His first was of the 'DH Beaver'. I went and bought that from Aerosoft. The next was of the 'Dreamfleet' A36 Bonanza' and then the 'Baron 58'. I had to have them too.

Before then I was never really interested in flying light aircraft, Jeff Greth converted all that and to see him using all of TrackIR4's potential was amazing.
Thanks Jeff, you cost me a bit of money
g7usl

Post by g7usl »

quote:Originally posted by Owen Hewitt:
quote:Originally posted by dpc111:
Owen, As a devoted customer of Dreamfleet this comes as really great news. Especially since I am currently awaiting the arrival of my new TrackIR 4. Can't wait to see the first release tested using TrackIR.

Dave.Hi Dave,

Boy, I sure hope your TrackIR has arrived!! I got mine in yesterday - I'm floored at it's performance! Excellent tool for my development needs for sure!

Naturalpoint - bravo!

Best regards,

OwenHi Owen,

I have read your post's re; TrackIR4 here and in the nAvsim forums. Have you seen any of Jeff Greth's video's of ermmm 'Dreamfleet' and he did one for the 'Beaver and the new Carenado Cessna?

Those are what prompted me to get one. He should get commision from Natural Point I reckon for those video's hehe.
rodom

Post by rodom »

Great news and thank you for the feedback... if you need any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.
owenhewitt

Post by owenhewitt »

quote:Originally posted by NaturalPoint - Rick:
Great news and thank you for the feedback... if you need any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me. Hi Rick,

Many thanks to you all for putting out a wonderfully revolutionary device! I'm delighted to see that you are in Corvallis, OR - I spent a summer there in 1998 working at HP in their inkjet business unit as an intern. Corvallis is a neat city - I miss it dearly!

Best,

Owen
Big Mike

Post by Big Mike »

quote:Originally posted by g7usl:
I have TrackIR4 and can't stop using and praising it.

It has revolutionised 'FS9'.

It was watching some video's made available by 'Jeff Greth' that sold me on it!

His first was of the 'DH Beaver'. I went and bought that from Aerosoft. The next was of the 'Dreamfleet' A36 Bonanza' and then the 'Baron 58'. I had to have them too.

Before then I was never really interested in flying light aircraft, Jeff Greth converted all that and to see him using all of TrackIR4's potential was amazing.
Thanks Jeff, you cost me a bit of money John Dow made a video as a demonstration flight with Dreamfleet beech baron 58 and he is using trackir but I am sure that it is not Track IR 4 as it is not yet possible to manipulate switches with the mouse while using Track IR except if you pause it with F9. I asked for a feature to get that former possibility and I survey for a patch release
Here is the url of John Dow video
http://cineplex.flightsim.com/cineplex/ ... uit384.wmv
g7usl

Post by g7usl »

Mike,
I am having no problems with my switches while using TrackIR 4.

It takes a while to get used to, holding your head steady and my screen is 1280x1024 LCD so a bigger screen helps.

I am currently writing a review for this, the best bit of hardware ever to grace Flight Simming for 'Micro Aviator'.