Who can help me with this?

Demolitionman

Who can help me with this?

Post by Demolitionman »

Hi y'all
Yesterday I got my TrackIR4 pro at last.
I love it, it's the best improvement in FS since the VC itself :-)
One small problem though: One of the reflectors is damaged on the track clip. It doesn't seem to affect the function, but, as this is my first trackIR, I can't say for sure, as I have no comparison.
Who do I contact to get a free replacement? I know it only costs around 10 bucks,but I think that for �185 delivered,everything should be perfect :-)

Regards
Grahame (EDHL)
Demolitionman

Re: Who can help me with this?

Post by Demolitionman »

Bump! Hasn't anybody got any ideas at all? I just checked to see how much it would cost me to have a new part sent to germany: �43! For a 10 buck part that weighs a few gramms? Jeez, there must be a better way?

Regards
Grahame
Barred

Post by Barred »

Give Rick an email at NP.
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Yes, e-mail them directly for warranty support. if there is a problem, I'm sure they'll get you fixed right up.

I also use the TIR 4 Pro and as long as there is reflection there on all 3 reflectors it shouldn't affect functionality. Have you gone into "edit" and selected "heads" and checked to see that all 6DOF (Degrees of Freedom) are working correctly?

If not, go in there and check it out. You can also select "gauges" and "tracking" to see in real time what the the unit is "seeing" and what it's response is.

Hope that helps you some until you can make contact with a NP rep.
Demolitionman

Post by Demolitionman »

Thanks for the replies, I just sent a mail off to the support address, and will wait for the reply.
It actually seems to work ok, but it looks a bit tacky with the deep scratch across one of the reflectors, where the reflective paint is missing.
Incidently, I ordered it from the english office, as I live in germany: As I tried to phone them to solve this problem I discovered that the number given on the net doesn't seem to work, whatever I do I get the "number is not allocated" message. Has anyone here had any success in reaching them in england?

Regards
Grahame (EDHL)
Toady

Post by Toady »

Hi Grahame
Did you order for 'RC Simulations'.
If so just drop them an email detailing the problem. It took them a day to get back to me and resolve my issue.
Demolitionman

Post by Demolitionman »

I ordered it at eDimentional in england. My email to the support department hasn't been answered yet.
Hmm.."support 24/7 ??", up until now i havn't noticed it :-)

Regards
Grahame (EDHL)
Demolitionman

Post by Demolitionman »

I just got an email from eDimentional, looks like they're gonna sort it out.Incidently, I see you come from Cornwall, hello from an ex-pat brit. in germany!
(Yorkshire born and bred :-) )
Here is their homepage for your info:
http://www.edimensional.com/index.php?c ... da66fd0ea2
The uk end of the company is in Swindon, Wilts.

Regards
Grahame
Toady

Post by Toady »

Had a good time in Germany with the Army mate. Beautiful Country.
Been a few years now. Got out at the end of the cold war and trying to sober up ever since.
Have a few cold ones for me and I hope eDimentional get you sorted.
Bob.
Toady

Post by Toady »

Sorry mate.
Haven't heard of those guys. Just keep mailing once a day until they give up and answer.
24/7 means 24 minutes out of a 7 hour working day people do something in some companies Ive dealt with.
Good luck.