I must always re-install

Vigilius

I must always re-install

Post by Vigilius »

Hello from Italy! I have the TrackIR Pro 4 and is a great idea, but... everytime I start XP Pro I have the message "USB Device not found" (in Italian of course) and so start the Windows wizard: what a bore! Then I choose yes or not but it's the same I have an error message, after this XP found immediately the trackIR 4, install a *.sys file (I believe) and it's all OK. WHY? There 's a solution for this?
Thanks
rodom

Re: I must always re-install

Post by rodom »

Try running the registry fix that is in this same forum. Possibly the device was detected on 2 different USB ports.
Vigilius

Post by Vigilius »

I have tried it but the fix says "No devices detected that needed to be fixes"! I have seen that when I musr re-install at the end says the a file is missing. I have read the point 10,1 of the troubleshooting but I see the device in the Device Manager and TrackIR works well after the re-install. I also note that I must re-install also if I left my PC alone (but on) for a long time.
Thanks
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Right click the start button, then click explore, and look for the TIR exe, and try clicking on that icon. If it runs from there, right click the icon, click create shortcut, and drag the shortcut onto your destop. You will then need to drag the other icon into the recycle bin and empty the recycle bin.

If it works after doing this, it is because the shortcut is looking for the program in the default location, and it wasn't loaded there, so it tries to reinstall.
Vigilius

Post by Vigilius »

Thanks, but I solve the problem with a complete uninstall, then I delete manually all the string in the registry and then install again. Now it works! (also if I don't know why!)