Vector tracking: "no data"!

sandym

Vector tracking: "no data"!

Post by sandym »

Hi, I was enjoying TrackIR4 Pro in fs2004. It was my third or fourth flight using it, when suddenly after disabling it (F9), I could not re-enable it! "No data". And it has not worked properly since. I have reinstalled over and over again. I have run NPRegFix, but it found no problem. The main page often shows that vector tracking is activated, but I get no vector data. Sometimes it tracks various light reflections, as shown in Tracking Windows, but I never see the three reflectors of the vector clip on my cap. It will track a shiny object placed in front of it... but it doesn't see the vector clip reflectors, they just dont register! I have played with just about all of the sliders and adjustments, but to no avail. Any helpful suggestions?
Toady

Re: Vector tracking: "no data"!

Post by Toady »

Have you checked to see that you havent accidentally unchecked your 'toggle' bits in the hotkeys setup section.
Ive done that a couple of times myself and wondered what the hell I'd done whilst tinkering with the settings.

[ January 17, 2006, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Toady ]
sandym

Post by sandym »

Thanks for the suggestion, Toady. But the F9 Hotkey toggle is not the problem. When some light reflection or another activates tracking, the F9 toggle works fine. The problem seems to be that the camera does not "see" the three reflecting surfaces of the TrackClip, even though the Main Page says that vector tracking is activated.

Bye.
rodom

Post by rodom »

Does the tracking window within our software show anything at all? And you didnt possibly change the default profile to dot mode instead of vector?
sandym

Post by sandym »

Hi,
Yes the tracking window shows various light reflections in green and red, reflections of sunlight off objets, persons, even off my cap (but I get the impression that the Main Page will declare "Tracking" only if the reflections move, otherwise it goes to "no data")... but all this time the reflectors on the vector clip do not show up in the tracking window. It is as if the program built in to recgognize the specific geometry of the three spots of light isn't kicking in. I suspect it is running in dot mode, but I checked the default profile settings and it is set to vector.

Bye, Sandym.
rodom

Post by rodom »

If you have too much sunlight or background reflections it will not track at all.
sandym

Post by sandym »

Hi Rick, Following your comment, I have checked all types of lighting conditions and this does not affect the problem at all. I am wondering if there is any way to check that the camera is actually emitting infrared light? I get the impression it might not. The camera seems to pick up light reflections, but the three surfaces designed to reflect infrared dont show up.
Barred

Post by Barred »

Hi if the tracking window is showing any red then there will be problems. I had a simular problem and it turned out to be the wall reflecting light into the camera even though the wall was a mat one. The only way I could get around it was to move the camera round slightly. It is worth a go.

[ January 24, 2006, 05:06 AM: Message edited by: Barred ]